Trust Is A Luxury

Roses POV

I wake up to Patricia throwing pillows at me, I finally muster the strength to throw one back and get up, she giggles and mutters something about breakfast then walks out so i start to get ready, I'm in a mood with Jerome now so I've decided to make him see exactly what he's missing, I do my makeup and grab my best push up bra and a vest to put on, then I get some fishnet tights and denim shorts and my doc martins to finish the look, I know it's petty to try and tease him but I'm not ashamed to admit I'm petty and bored.

I head down into the dining area where everyone's conversing and take my seat beside Patricia, instantly they all look up, I see a disgusted look from Mara, what sticks up her ass? I haven't done anything to her, if she's slut shaming me that's a little stupid. After a moment of silence I finally speak up "morning all" they all give mumbled responses and go back to conversations apart from Jerome and mara, they both stay staring in my direction, Jerome looks stunned, more of his act I assume. We eventually all get up to leave for school and everyone clears out, I hang back to get some food for lunch packed up and I see Jerome do the same, what does he want now!? "you wanna walk to school together Jerome?" I hear mara behind me, Jerome stumbles on his words then says he'll catch up in a bit and she hesitantly leaves.

I grab a few snacky foods and put them in my bag "you're eating, that's good" he seems confident which is just a dick move "yeah, well I need the food seeing as I was up late" I turn to look at him and catch him staring at every part of my body all at once "he switches his focus up to me." late night thoughts keep you up?.. Thinking of me? " he says in a flirty tone, I scogh."you for real? This is just mean Jerome, I thought you were better than this" he recoils slightly, "what do you mean?" he moves toward me and touches my hips with his hands, I shiver under him but have to keep a strong face "you send me nice cupcakes and tell me to meet you for a romantic night and then stand me up, I was told you were a prankster but I thought you had SOME decency" he looked so baffled by my words "what are you talking about? I didn't tell you to meet me, what cupcakes?" I was about to start arguing with him but I notice how genuinely confused he seems "you really don't know do you? Well then who was it? They locked me in the attic for over an hour" his face boiled with anger. "I'm not sure but I promise I'll figure it out, I'd never do anything like that to you Rose I... I lo- really care.. About you, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you" he tightens his grip on my hips and puts his forehead to mine, my heart flutters as I feel his breath against my face, he steps back suddenly, "we should go to school" he grabs my hand and leads me out the door to school.

If this really wasn't Jerome then I've gotta figure out who it was and get them back.