8 ︴alarm

George nestled further into the blankets wrapped around him. He had been zoned out for two seconds, and in those two seconds Karl had crawled over to him, sitting beside him. George zoned in, raising a brow and looking at him. "What?" He whispered.

"Nothing," Karl replied, before a big grin tugged his lips upward. "You look like a burrito."

"Are you calling me a snack?" George asked, a small smirk forming on his lips.

Karl giggled, loud enough that Dream looked over from the movie they had been watching, a confused yet curious expression painting over his freckled features. "No, a full course meal." Karl said, a jokey yet flirty tone laced into his words as he leaned closer.

George's eyes widened briefly before his smirk turned to a grin, leaning into him until their foreheads collided.

"During our movie night, me and George are going to kiss, hashtag right now." Karl stated, hand reaching up to the back of George's neck. By now Sapnap and Quackity had also turned to watch the two, laughs bubbling between them.

George laughed along with them, but continued the bit. He didn't think Karl was being serious, so when a pair of lips actually came crashing against his, his eyes almost bulged out of his head.

The feeling of Karl smiling and giggling against his lips made him chuckle, eventually pulling away, bright faced and grinning.

"What the hell even brought that on?" Sapnap asked between gentle laughs, eyebrows tugged together in confusion. He didn't seem surprised though, maybe Karl had done this type of thing before.

"Just wondered what it'd be like," Karl shrugged simply, eyes raking back to George who was still sitting there with a smile on his face. "Plus, it could count as compensation for going back in time to save you."

George rolled his eyes with a chuckle, gaze shifting slightly to Dream. He, unlike Quackity and Sapnap, was sitting there straight faced until he realised George was looking at him— only then did a forced smile spill across his lips.

Before he could even mentally question the blonde's expression, bright red hues leaked into the room, followed by a sharp ring of an alarm bell. The flashing of red stopped after a few minutes, but the alarm stuck, prompting panic to arise in George's body.

"What's happening?" He asked frantically to Sapnap who seemed to be tapping at the air calmly.

"It's nothing to worry about," Dream reassured, leaning back against the pillows he had stacked up behind him. "The school's going on lockdown, probably a harpy or something that somehow got through the school's protective barrier."

Sapnap cheered almost silently to himself when he finally managed to bring up a large white screen out of nowhere. George's eyes shifted from Dream to the screen, frowning at what it showed.

Sapnap explained, "we all have one of these in our dorms, they're cctv screens that can be activated with a little magic." He said, swiping on the screen to switch cameras. "Stuff like this happens at least three times a month, and because the teachers know how curious we are, they installed cameras so we could watch without actually being in harms way."

Smart. George thought, watching as Sapnap switched cameras again. There was the problem. A large Cyclops, towering several feet above the trees that parted the school field from the woods, was standing between two conifers. It just stood there, its one massive eye watching as the school's teachers flooded onto the scene.