JUNE' 22 | The Harvest Wars by @MarcoBaier

About The Story- The Harvest Wars

Bran, a great hero, agrees to become the vessel of an ancient evil set on eradicating all life, so he might resurrect the friends that died fighting against said evil. Reborn as a Harvester and reunited with his now undead companions, these fallen heroes must gather an army of monsters before the combined forces of the Scarred Empire can stop them.

*

About The Author- MarcoBaier

Marco R. Baier, born in 1978, is an international games industry freelancer and jack-of-all-trades with a penchant for darker fantasy. He lives in Bavaria, where he is most likely writing, laughing wickedly, or baking right now. In addition to his work on games like World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, and StarCraft 2, he has published several books in English and German. His science fiction novel ARCHETYPE won in the "Storysmith" category at the world's largest online writing competition - the Watty Awards - in 2018.  

*

"Man may call us monsters, but they know so little..." - Bran.

-from The Harvest Wars

*

Q. How did you discover Wattpad? What is the most memorable moment you have encountered here?

Honestly, I cannot recall how I discovered Wattpad, but I can certainly tell you what my initial thought was when I did. It went along the lines of, "Damn... a website where authors can upload their stuff and interact with readers? How long is this thing online, and why has nobody told me?" 

As for the most memorable moment. Hmm. That would have to be when I won a Watty Award for my story ARCHETYPE in 2018. Especially since it was like a chain of most memorable moments, delivered in consecutively more stunning and exhilarating punches. I uploaded and entered the Watty's on a whim that year and didn't expect to win. Imagine my surprise when I saw my name on the Longlist (Pow!), then Shortlist (Pow!), and finally the Watty's. (KO!)

Q. Your book, 'The Harvest Wars', mainly focuses on an antihero character Bran who is desperate to save his friends and the woman he loves. What do you expect when making the relationships like friendships or family bonds between characters impactful and special enough to an antihero like Bran?

[SPOILER ALERT]
Well, firstly – and I hope I don't burst anybody's bubble here – I wouldn't actually call Bran an anti-hero but rather an anti-villain. While he commits his share of evil acts, he does not do it with malice or out of the desire to cause evil. In fact, both he and his resurrected comrades, who, after all, were the most beloved and famed heroes of the Scarred Empire, very much retain their personalities.