🥀 16 🥀

⚠️TW⚠️ (bottom of page)

~~

Lyla paces the guest room at Loki's house in her pyjamas

Lyla paces the guest room at Loki's house in her pyjamas. Her mind was all over the place and she can't keep still, as if she's trying to move the thoughts and feelings out of her brain; untangle the mess that's been created.

What was she doing here? In this situation? Was this love? Was she safe?

Loki had left her to settle in after the group had gotten pizza, with everyone eventually filing out around midnight. Lyla was absolutely exhausted, and she knew she had to go to work first thing which made it worse.

Loki had tried to persuade her not to go in, knowing that he knew where she works but Lyla wasn't going to let him have that power. She liked her job and Peggy. She needed some normality. She craved it. Much to Loki's displeasure.

Lyla smooths down her hair as picks up her phone, desperately looking for something to calm her thoughts. She was verging on a panic attack with the weight of everything now settling on her. She needed space, but knowing that Loki was only in the room across the hall made her want to go and seek comfort in him.

Seek comfort in a killer...what the Hell had happened to Lyla for her to end up here?

She feels a stray tear trickle down her face, quickly wiping it away and taking a book out of her bag, her dog-eared version of 1984 by Orwell that she'd re-read on too many occasions to count, a hand-me-down from her mother.

Lyla leans back against the headboard of the large, luxurious bed, concentrating on the feel of the silk sheets beneath her skin and the rough pages of the paper against her fingers. After ten minutes of reading the same page over and over and failing to be distracted, Lyla realises she needs something to settle her.

Carefully tip-toeing out of the room and down the vast hallways, Lyla finds her way down a floor to the kitchen, spreading her toes against the cool marble underneath her.

She breathes out a breath she didn't realise she was holding as she begins searching cabinets for something to take her mind off things. Lyla sees a half empty bottle of red wine that Nat had been drinking earlier and finds a crystal glass to pour some into.

Taking the remains of the bottle and the glass, she carefully treads back up the flight of stairs back to the guest room, desperate not to make a sound and wake Loki.

She didn't want him to worry, and they still hadn't properly spoken about everything that had gone on before he'd sprang into action, entering his business mode which both frightened and thrilled Lyla.

Lyla closes the door behind her, settling back into bed and taking a swig of the red liquid, relishing how it warms her throat and stings slightly at the same time.