🥀 26 🥀

~♡~

Lyla couldn't remember getting home that night

Lyla couldn't remember getting home that night. She felt numb.

Which was honestly better than the alternative.

Bucky had been a gent, walking her to her apartment door, letting her know to ring him if she needed anything and that he'd make sure to check in on her.

He'd also kept his promise of making sure Nat knew she was safe.

Slowly walking through her apartment which just reminded her of Loki, she stripped off her clothes with shaky hands and ran a burning hot shower. Scrubbing her skin to rid herself of the memories and touch of men on her.

Her eyes glaze down lazily to the scar on her thigh from the last time she encountered Brock. She wishes she could carve that piece of flesh out of her for good.

After standing under the scalding water for who knows how long, she finally got out, throwing on her pyjamas and not even bothering to dry her hair before climbing into bed.

Even her pillow smelt like him. She felt sick.

She wasn't sure what had happened tonight to the full extent or the impact it was going to have. But for now she couldn't even think about Loki or Brock. The two were too interlinked. She wanted so badly to cut off her emotions and be cold enough to not care.

So that's what she did.

It was around two am before Nat was letting herself in. Lyla had forgotten to put all the security bolts on. It felt pointless when she'd already encountered the greatest threat.

Nat changed into some leggings and a t shirt of Lyla's before climbing into bed with her, holding her whilst she silently cried into her arms before slipping unconscious.

---

"Məm, we're here!" (Mom) Nat calls out, her Russian intonation slipping through every time she steps through these doors.

It had been two days since the party and Nat had decided to get Lyla away and back home for a bit.

Knowing Melina was the perfect combination of tough love and motherly that Lyla needed to shake her out of the funk. Lyla hadn't wanted to go and face her adoptive mother. Or face anyone to be honest. But Nat hadn't given her a choice, nor had she left her side.

She hadn't even turned her phone back on since that night. She didn't want to hear from anyone.

"дочери!" (Daughters) Melina says as she runs down the stairs, opening her arms wide for the two girls.