🥀 42 (final) 🥀

~♡~

~~

Lyla fiddles with the bouquet of roses clasped in her palms, her heart beating hard yet steady, her body feeling weak.

The sun was shining down across the Italian courtyard, bouncing off the mansions gleaming walls and making the lake nearby sparkle.

She takes a deep breath in.

In. Out. In. Out.

Repeat.

Despite this being everything she'd ever wanted, she couldn't help but try to fend off the butterflies that swarmed inside her at the importance of the life event she was about to partake in.

Nat runs a reassuring hand down her spine to soothe her. She knew exactly what Lyla was thinking. She knew her sister well, too well. Those nerves were kicking in.

Lyla had decided to go for a traditional white dress after all. The more she thought about how non traditional their whole relationship had been, the more she wanted to do one thing the classical way.

Her rouched sleeves hung loosely on her arms, leaving her bronzed skin bare on her shoulders and upper chest. A structured lacy corset embroidered with flowers cinched her in tightly at her waist before panels of floral lace floated down her legs, leaving a slit in her thigh. It wasn't over the top, but it was beautiful. And as soon as Lyla had seen it and imagined Loki's face as she walked down the aisle, she had to have it.

Lyla had told Nat to wear whatever she was most comfortable in considering it was relatively last minute and she'd just given birth. Nat had gone for a tight pale purple dress which she looked beautiful in.

As Lyla closes her eyes, taking in her last few breaths as an unmarried woman, she hears Nat whisper beside her.

"You look stunning Ly. I'm so happy for you."

Lyla pries her eyes open, turning to face her sister who had tears welling in her own eyes. Lyla bats her away.

"Stop, I've just had my make up done! I can't cry. Not yet anyway." Lyla murmurs as she squeezes her hand tightly. 

In the distance music starts playing and Lyla's breathing quickens again as she imagines Loki standing at the front waiting for her.

She can't wait.

Melina suddenly appears at the old stone archway which leads into the courtyard, sizing Lyla up and down before she clasps a palm to her chest.