🥀 23 🥀

~~

Lyla can feel her hands shaking slightly as she slips on the silky black fabric over her freshly buffed body

It glides effortlessly onto her figure, despite her nerves causing goosebumps to prickle on her skin. Lyla takes a deep breath in, trying to stop an oncoming panic attack. She would be in the safest place in New York with all of Loki's staff and him watching her.

But she'd also be in the most dangerous. Who knows what other kinds of criminals were there. She'd be at a party with all of America most deadly mafia members.

Her throat felt like it was closing up.

Lyla takes the tiny handgun that Loki had insisted she wear and straps it around her thigh in its sleek holster that was barely noticeable to the outside eye. Although she had a feeling everyone at this party would be carrying so it didn't really matter about hiding it.

She thinks back to how she felt last time she held a gun and has to remind herself of those feelings. The promise she made to herself that she would no longer be a victim in her own life. She was capable and powerful now, she wasn't the same defenceless girl as she was with him all those years ago. Loki empowered her and worshipped her, and that made her feel slightly better.

Still, the cool metal from the gun felt extremely alien against her leg, despite more practice with this gun earlier today with Clint and Steve.

She goes to sit down at her vanity table in her loft apartment that was now feeling a lot more like home. Sweeping last touches of blush over her cheeks and ensuring her hair was in place, she feels her phone vibrate, knowing it was Loki, letting her know he was here.

She hadn't seen Loki in the last couple of days as he'd been busy with his father prepping for tonight and networking in advance. At least that's what he'd told her.

The reality was he was most likely hunting someone down for whatever reason. She shivered as she thought of Loki taking his blade out and using it, but had to check herself when she realised she was shivering not just with fear but with intrigue and excitement too.

What the Hell was happening to Lyla?

Reading the text she fired one back to let him know to come up, unlocking and disabling all the alarms and security protocols Loki had insisted she had here. She had to admit, it was a pain in the ass but it did make her feel safer.

Lyla went back to her vanity, sweeping over her crimson lipstick as she heard the door open and heavy footsteps walk in. Smelling his expensive cologne before she saw him in the corner of her eye.

Lyla spun to face Loki who looked quite possibly the most handsome she'd ever seen him. She felt herself holding her breath as she took in his long locks which had been slicked back off his face, his three piece dark suit clinging onto his muscular chest, his dark tie cinched perfectly around his neck, and the most eye-catching part was a patterned black, cream and green scarf that lay impeccably over the top of his suit.