🥀 19 🥀

A/N: TW at bottom of page to avoid spoilers.

~♡~

1 week later

1 week later

"Jesus Christ Nat, I thought you said you were going easy on me?" Lyla groans as she gets up from the mat on the floor as her redheaded friend smirks down at her, cracking her neck.

"I am Ly! Bear in mind I've been coming here for about three years now, you're still a newbie." Nat winks as she lightly taps her friend on the shoulder mischievously.

Lyla looks around at where a few people are watching their technique.

She never knew Nat was such a badass at fighting, I guess they'd never been in a situation where she'd needed to know.

Although when everything had gone down with her ex-boyfriend Nat had threatened many injuries, she didn't realise up until now that she was definitely capable of inflicting them. And how weak she herself was.

"Good job Nat." The owner walked closer after having watched the girls carefully.

Nat beams a smile as Lyla smooths down her workout clothes from the fight.

"Thanks Drax." She fist bumps him as the huge wall of muscled man grabs Lyla's hands, repositioning and kicking out her legs.

"You're not utilising your centre of gravity correctly. Again, but this time I'll spar with you." He says as he takes over from where Nat was standing, giving Lyla more instructions as he walks through punches and kicks slowly with Lyla first.

"What's the story behind your nickname anyway?" Lyla asks as she tries to catch her breath at the spinning kick she's trying to master, unsuccessfully.

She'd been here every day for near enough the last seven days and although she was a little better, compared to these people she was no where near close enough to defend herself.

The bald, ripped man in front of her grinned. "It all stems back to my days as an axe-thrower. They used to nickname me Dr Axe because I hit the bullseye every damn time. It eventually got put together and shortened." He chuckled and his deep laugh boomed throughout the gym.

Lyla smirked. She liked this guy. She knew Loki knew him personally, god knows how, she didn't want to know the details. But he was the right amount of patient and pushy. Although sometimes his sense of humour was a little off.

"Could get a man, right between the eyes. Ha Ha!" He continues as some other guys around the gym joined in.

Nat shakes her head at Lyla, laughing herself.

"So Lady of Loki's, we need to work on your roundhouse. You're small but that doesn't matter. Not when you know how to use your body properly. Not everyone can be as fine a specimen of a being as I am." Drax continued as he bent down to hold up some punching bags on his hands for Lyla to kick.