🥀 35 🥀

~♡~

~~

Lyla felt her heart beating hard as she took those steps out the library from work.

Peggy had sensed the nervous energy within her all shift, with Lyla having to reassure her everything would be ok in the end.

Peggy had looked at her sadly before holding her tight. That woman could always see through her.

As she feels the cool air hitting her face, she resists the urge to scan her surroundings too obviously, knowing she had to do everything she could not to appear as if she was suspecting anything.

She couldn't even wear a wire, it was too risky, but she had got in a tiny earpiece that Loki had insisted so he could communicate with her. He was currently on his motorbike around the corner, waiting, lurking, ready to stalk.

Lyla could tell he didn't like this plan one bit. She had felt him toss and turn last night in her apartment, growing restless into the early hours of the morning at the thought of the patricide he was going to have to commit.

She really didn't want Loki to be the one to do it. She wanted to take that burden off him, but she still wasn't sure how her body would react to potentially taking someone's life or if she was ready for it.

Lyla shook those thoughts of doubt away, steadying her breathing. Knowing that Steve, Clint and Pietro were already in position by the docks where Bucky had told them they'd be taking Lyla. She trusted Bucky. Even through it all, she knew he'd felt genuine remorse at his earlier actions before he'd grown to truly care for her.

Loki had looked her in her eyes firmly this morning and told her he loved her, and that when this was over their lives could truly begin. That he would never let anything bad happen to her again. She had savoured his touch against her like it was the last time.

She hoped to the Gods he was right.

Knowing eyes would be on her, she casually got out her phone, aimlessly scrolling as she looked both ways before crossing the street, to the spot where she'd usually get picked up.

As predicted, a car suddenly screeched to a halt in front of her, seemingly appearing from no where.

Despite Lyla expecting it, her adrenaline still kicks in, her stomach dropping as she sees one of Odin's men jump out, reaching for her.

Before she can let her brain catch up, she's being thrown into the back of the vehicle roughly. She lands on her side, across the back seats. Lyla starts to feel dizzy as she realises she's hit her head.

She doesn't need to fake much longer. Now at the sight before her, she is truly terrified. For real.

She slowly sits up as the car pulls off at great speed, hands grabbing at her and cuffing her behind her back and taking her bag and phone away.