9- One rainy day (Part 1)

The dismissal bell had rung.

Kids chatter as they pack their bags and head out of the class.

Some students stayed back to chat. Others head to after-school clubs. And some got after-school detention.

"It still looks like it's gonna rain," Wei Wuxian grumbled, "I wanted to go fishing!"

"We can do that next weekend," Luo Binghe suggested, putting his folders in his bag.

"Okay!" Wei Wuxian perked up. "I guess I'll just go to the arcade today, wanna come?"

"I'll pass, I got something to do today," Luo Binghe replied.

"Aw, that's too bad," Wei Wuxian frowned.

"How was the arcade yesterday?" Hua Cheng suddenly asked.

"Huh? It's fine, I got a lot of high scores!" Wei Wuxian said proudly.

"But I can't beat your high score on the Battle of Gods," Wei Wuxian frowned again.

"I can show you how to beat my score," Hua Cheng said gently.

"...really?" Wei Wuxian squinted at him in suspicion.

"Sure," Hua Cheng said.

Then he smiled at him.

"..."

Wei Wuxian turned to Luo Binghe with a complete terrified look.

"Luo-xiong!" he whispered panicky to the boy, "Did Hua-xiong got possessed or something?? Why is he being nice?! That smile is creeping me out!"

Hua Cheng: "..."

Luo Binghe laughed awkwardly, zipping up his bag.

"Just go with Hua-xiong," he told the other boy. Then he walked out of class, leaving the two boys alone.

"... Hey, Hua-xiong, is it just me or Luo-xiong been busy almost every afternoon?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"You don't have to worry about that," Hua Cheng told the boy, "alright, let's go now."

"Waitttt, ack, you don't have to drag me, I can walk-!!!"

...

"Guys, want to go shopping with me??" Shi Qingxuan asked excitedly.

"Er, I have to go somewhere today," Shen Qingqiu replied.

"Oh that's fine, but Xie Lian! You should come with me, I saw this wonderful dress the other day at the mall and I think it will fit and look just right on you!"

"Oh, uh, huh??" Xie Lian stammered.

"Come on, Xie Lian! I can even do your makeup!" Shi Qingxuan encouraged.

"Oh, uh, I don't think I want to wear a dress," Xie Lian said flustered, his cheeks flushed pink.

"Aw, that's too bad," Shi Qingxuan pouted but he didn't pester.

"But you should still come with me! You can help pick out outfits for me!" Shi Qingxuan then says with renewed joy.

"Okay," Xie Lian agreed.

"And are you sure you don't wanna come, Shen Yuan?" Shi Qingxuan asked the other boy.

"Yes, I'm sure," Shen Qingqiu replied, hauling the strap of his bag across his body and waving the two goodbyes.

He grabbed his umbrella from the stand on his way out the door.

"Oh well," Shi Qingxuan shrugged, "Welp, let's go then, Xie Lian!"

With that, Shi Qingxuan dragged Xie Lian to the mall.

...

Shen Qingqiu stepped down the stairs of the school and left the courtyard.

Leaves drifted past him, the wind blowing gently against his face.

The skies above were a shade of grey.

Shen Qingqiu walked down the street passing the comic store.

The pet store.

A ninety-nine-cent store.

A bakery.

Then a drop of water hit his face.

Shen Qingqiu swings the canopy of green silk over his head, the rain tumbling on top of the roof.

Shen Qingqiu continues walking.

He passed a restaurant.

Then he stopped.

He turned around and stepped into the alleyway between the restaurant and a postal office.

The alleyway was dry and covered by the two large buildings, and therefore, Shen Qingqiu brought his umbrella down and closed it.

There was a two-unit recycling bin against the wall.

On the other side a tall, round vase stood still, empty within the inner.

Shen Qingqiu walked over to the side and peered behind the clay vase.

A pair of bright startling eyes blinked up at him.

"There you are."

To be continued...

Question
What was staring back at Shen Qingqiu?

A. A lost puppy

B. Two eyeballs

C. A stray kitty

D. A small child

E. A huge bright-eyed bird.

Thank you for reading!
('▽')/✨

Comments and votes will be appreciated!

Word Count: 714

Part 2 will be updated in a couple of days!