28- Lunch talk

It was another day in Qingfeng Institution. It was lunchtime. At table number thirteen, four students sat at the round blue table.

Shi Qingxuan was on his phone.

Xie Lian was writing a letter.

Shen Qingqiu was reading a book.

And Lan Wangji was actually eating lunch.

No one spoke, each busy with their own thing.

Shi Qingxuan didn't turn off his phone's speaker and the click click click made from the keyboard was starting to annoy Shen Qingqiu.

Click click click click click.

Xie Lian accidentally knocked over the salt.

Click click click click click.

Lan Wangji cleaned the salt away.

Click click click click click.

"Any closer and you will be sucked into your phone." Shen Qingqiu glanced up, a full face of annoyance.

"Not now, Shen-xiong, you sound exactly like my brother," Shi Qingxuan grumbled as he continued to type away, not looking up.

"Who are you even texting?" Shen Qingqiu asked.

"A new friend! They are sending me cat memes! :D"

Suddenly Shen Qingqiu has a mental image of Xiao Jiu stuck in a cup. Shen Qingqiu managed to keep a straight face.

"Say, guys, do you have time tomorrow?" Shi Qingxuan asked, finally putting his phone down. He opens a bag of shrimp crackers.

Shen Qingqiu replied, "Tomorrow? It's a teacher's work day, I plan to sleep the entire day away in the dorms." Now it was Shi Qingxuan's loud crunching on his bag of shrimp crackers annoying him.

"Shen-xiong, now you sound like a cat. We should go out for brunch tomorrow! Xie Lian, you down for it?"

Xie Lian thought about it and then nodded. He smiled. "Sure, I don't think I have anything to do, it's going to be nice and sunny tomorrow, perfect for a brunch, yes?" he said.

"Yes!" Shi Qingxuan beamed. Then the boy hesitated. "Uh... How about you, Wangji-xiong?" Shi Qingxuan asked.

Lan Wangji glanced at Shi Qingxuan through his eyelashes. Then the boy closed his eyes and shook his head. He said, "Busy tomorrow."

...oof. Shi Qingxuan looked like Lan Wangji just told him to go away and never be seen by humanity ever again. It's the same facial expression he had every time Shi Wudu told him he can't have more ice cream.

"Sorry," Lan Wangji then said sincerely, though his face is still neutral.

"Oh, it's okay!" Shi Qingxuan said. "Maybe next time?" the boy asked.

"Mn." Lan Wangji nodded.

Shi Qingxuan grinned. Then Shen Qingqiu took his bag of shrimp crackers away.

"Hey!" Shi Qingxuan exclaimed. "Give that back, Shen-xiong."

Shen Qingqiu tossed a cracker in his mouth, chewing, and said, "Heads up, here comes Pei Ming."

"Oh, I hate that dude!" Shi Qingxuan hissed as he spun his head around.

Xie Lian: "Why?"

Shi Qingxuan: "Cuz he's buddies with my bro."

Xie Lian didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Pei Ming walked toward them and...

He walked past them.

To the vending machine. The boy inserted a dollar and took a can of Pepsi. Then he left.

"Ugh, look at him! Strutting through the cafeteria as if he owns it!" Shi Qingxuan made a face.

"He... didn't?" Shen Qingqiu said.

Shi Qingxuan made a face at Shen Qingqiu.

"Okay, anyway, let's not talk about him or my brother right now. So brunch. I'm gonna bring two friends along okay? And who are they you ask? Well, I'm not gonna tell you, because then it can be a surprise. Don't worry, I know we will all get along swimmingly," Shi Qingxuan said, now happy.

Shen Qingqiu replied, "I didn't ask but okay."

"Yes, yes. Now give me back my food." Shi Qingxuan unexpectedly snatched his bag of shrimp crackers away.

"Hey, it's empty! You ate them all?!" Shi Qingxuan cried. Make that his bag of air instead.

"No, you ate them all, I only took three."

"You took the last three?!"

"..."

To be continued...
(Googling what people eat for brunch.)

Bonus (cuz this chapter is so short ):

"Wanyin, you are here almost every day this week! I'm happy to see you," Lan Xichen said as Jiang Wanyin got to the counter.

"What are you talking about?" Jiang Wanyin asked. "This week? I always come to Aunt Luo's for coffee. It's not only this week."

Lan Xichen looked confused. Probably because Jiang Wanyin didn't bother to mention that it wasn't this Aunt Luo's coffee shop but rather the one on the other side of the mall.

"Oh, well, I'm still very happy to see you!" Lan Xichen replied with flowers in his words.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be as happy as you when I get my coffee. You should remember my order, I get the same thing every time." Jiang Wanyin swatted the flower away.

"Alright!" Lan Xichen smiled. "What would you like to order, Wanyin?"

"..."

End of bonus!

Me realizing Xicheng is moving faster than the actual three main couples in this fanfic. Hmm... I am doing something wrong. ( . _.)

(never fear though)

Question!
Who are Shi Qingxuan's two friends that he is going to bring?

A. Wei Wuxian and Nie Huaisang.

B. Wei Wuxian and Jiang Wanyin.

C. Xie Qingqiu and Shen Lian.

D. Xiao Jiu and Bingpup.

F. His panda and unicorn. (he's still planning to get them okay.)

Pei Ming fact #1- Loves to tease his best friend's little bro (aka why Shi Qingxuan hates him.)

Thank you for reading!
('▽')/✨

Comments and votes will be (highly) appreciated! As usual!

Word Count: 914