40- Another rainy day

"I told them to wake up early! Room 206 right??"

Shen Qingqiu stood in front of the door with his hand on the knob. Behind him were Xie Lian and Shi Qingxuan. All were wearing their school uniforms with the name 清风高中 (Qingfeng High School) imprinted on the blue and white tracksuits.

Xie Lian was holding a pile of the same uniforms in his arms, all neatly folded. He said, "Qingqiu-xiong, don't blame them, it's not that late."

"Yah, it's-" Shi Qingxuan yawned. "It's 206."

"I'm not blam- huh?" Shen Qingqiu had twisted the doorknob. It wasn't locked. "They didn't even lock their door?" Shen Qingqiu asked, baffled.

The three boys stepped in. Shen Qingqiu half-expected the three boys' cold dead bodies sprawled across the floor just like the rumor of the brutally murdered student from decades ago. (A true rumor according to Shi Qingxuan.)

"...."

The first thing Shen Qingqou saw was a leg dangling from the top bunk. It belongs to Wei Wuxian. On the bottom bunk, also dead or asleep, was Hua Cheng.

And, "Where's-" Shen Qingqiu's foot hit something. He nearly cursed out loud. "..." It was the head of Luo Binghe.

"Hey, hey, wake up," Shen Qingqiu murmured, nudging Luo Binghe with a foot.

Are they...

"Should I go get a pan?" Shi Qingxuan offered. "Or my brother?"

Xie Lian: "..."

Luo Binghe suddenly sat up, nearly scaring the shit out of Shen Qingqiu. After a moment, he slowly opened his eyes.

"..." Luo Binghe looked up. A pair of dark green eyes stared back at him. Suddenly Luo Binghe was wide awake.

"S-Shen Yuan-!!" Luo Binghe jumped up, stuttering.

"...Good morning," Shen Qingqiu said.

"G-Good morning," Luo Binghe stammered, turning his head away. The boy suddenly felt a bit shy and self-conscious, and he lifted a hand to cover his hair which was poking out weirdly.

"..." Shen Qingqiu reached out a hand to pat it down. "Why were you sleeping on the floor?" he asked.

Luo Binghe blinked. "I don't know," he said honestly. He grinned at Shen Qingqiu sheepishly.

Shen Qingqiu: ...

Shen Qingqiu smiled back awkwardly before looking over at Wei Wuxian and said, "Let's-

Shen Qingqiu abruptly stopped and his facial expression turned horrified as he saw Wei Wuxian let out a yawn and began to turn around in his sleep.

It was as if time had slowed as Luo Binghe and Shen Qingqiu watched in horror at Wei Wuxian turning on the wrong side of the bunk bed.

Only Xie Lian had a quick reaction.

"I got him!" Xie Lian dropped the uniforms and ran over.

He did not get him.

Wei Wuxian fell on top of Xie Lian and both crashed onto the floor.

"Ouch..." Luo Binghe muttered, peeking through his fingers. Shen Qingqiu grimaced.

"Gege, are you alright??" Hua Cheng appeared next to Xie Lian and helped him up.

Shi Qingxuan's mouth dropped open. "I could have sworn he was asleep a moment ago," he said in awe.

Shen Qingqiu's mouth dropped open. "I can't believe Wei Wuxian is still asleep," he said, astonished.

Shen Qingqiu walked over and squatted down next to Wei Wuxian. He gently slapped the boy on his cheek, saying, "Hey, hey, Wei Wuxian, wake up. Come on, wake up, you didn't hit your head on the ground, did you?"