37- Food for thought

"Hmm. Gege, I'm hungry."

"Ah..."

Xie Lian blinked.

Rule number one of being a (good) host: If your guest says they're hungry, you feed them.

So Xie Lian smiled and clapped his hands together and told Hua Cheng to wait a bit on the couch.

Then he kept smiling at Hua Cheng as he backed into the kitchen. To which Hua Cheng also kept smiling back.

Xie Lian disappeared into the pantry.

Oh no!

Xie Lian rubbed his forehead. Since when does this pantry have food?! Never!

One must not forget that this dormitory does not have many things to cook with. It wasn't because they were broke students living off of instant noodles but rather because they don't know how to cook.

There were a few cups of instant noodles in the pantry but how could he serve that to his guest?? Well, actually he could... There's nothing wrong with instant noodles! Wait no! What if San Lang's taste is super refined??

Xie Lian shook his head. He looked at the pantry with a determined face. He will find something for Hua Cheng!

Please, please, please have a secret portal to Narnia in the back of this pantry...

。。。

。。。

。。。

Hua Cheng sat on the couch. He looked at the pantry where Xie Lian was currently (panicking) in.

He felt something looking at him.

Hua Cheng turned his head and looked down at the sofa.

"..."

A stuffed fox faced directly at him. 

Hua Cheng was pleasantly surprised. So Xie Lian kept it all this time. But... What's with the eyepatch?

Hua Cheng's eyes widened. Could Gege have known??

Hua Cheng picked up the stuffed fox and held it out in front of him.

Did Xie Lian know that this stuffed fox was from that little 'ghost' boy he encountered at that abandoned church?

The fox seemed to stare back at Hua Cheng as Hua Cheng stared at it.

"San Lang!"

Hua Cheng turned around and tossed the stuffed fox over his shoulder. "Gege! What did you get for me?" he smiled.

"Ah... There wasn't much in the pantry but I found this!" Xie Lian walked over, holding a small plate with an apple on it. "Here you go, San Lang. It's already washed." Xie Lian passed the plate to Hua Cheng.

Hua Cheng's smile widened. "Looks delicious and nutritional, Gege," he said.

Xie Lian's face lit up. Now he only feels a bit guilty because this apple was supposed to be crushed to be part of Shi Qingxuan's homemade facial mask. Eh... He's sure Shi Qingxuan wouldn't mind. "I picked the best one for you," Xie Lian said, beaming.