Chapter two

»——————⋆◦☾◦⋆——————«

The next day, everything went smoothly, you and Eren are in a class together at Coach Lawrence's lesson learning about the Human's Digestive system. You and your cousin sit beside each other so you two can communicate easily. "Psst, Eren." You whispered at him, trying to get his attention to you, luckily he caught it. He looks over at you."What?""About yesterday, there's something you really need to know.""Oh? Fire away, 'Coz." He laid back on his chair, feeling intrigued by what you are about to say. You attempt to recall every single detail of what happened in yesterday's incident. The golem. Jim. Trollhunter. And all that jazz."I know what's the reason behind Jim's absences, and I might know about Toby and Claire's as well." You reckoned with a hushed tone. Ever since Jim and Toby's absences, Claire has been skipping school days as well, which are highly out of character for Ms.Nuñez.

"Go on." Eren urged you to tell him. "Okay, don't freak out but..." You trailed off of your sentence, you don't know if he would like the news or not. "But?" He waited. You took a deep breath before spitting out. "IsawJiminthesoccerfieldwithagolemandhetransformedintoaTrollhunter." You rapidly said those words without a pause. Surprisingly Eren able to catch them. "W-Wait! What!" Abruptly Eren raise his voice and stood up from his seat, many of your classmates stare at him like he has three heads or something. "Is there a problem Mr. Callisto?" Coach Lawrence called, he seems to be a little bit irritated that Eren distracts everyone from his lesson. "No Sir! Nothing at all!" He said embarrassingly, few of the students snickered at his behavior. He seated back in his chair and glance at you. "We'll talk about this later at home." You nodded and concentrate on your today's lesson. If you called it a lesson. Coach Lawrence doesn't even know the proper terms for the digestive systems.

"Coach? Yeah, thank you." Steve suddenly raises his hand and speaks without the teacher's permission. "Don't mean to 'butt' in, but I'd like to 'gas' a question?" He create a pun out of the lesson, everyone laughed at his jokes, but you and Eren doesn't seem to be pleased, including Jim, Toby, and Claire."Ugh, Steve." You groaned in irritation."Yeah, I know right. He's not even funny as me." Eren reacted, giving Steve the annoyed look, you just grumbled even more."Hey, why don't you shut your hole, Steve?" You heard Jim made an unintentional pun to Steve, you laugh at that one and everyone joined in the laughter.Jim heard your laughter among the crowd and glancing at your direction, you had this smile that is the loveliest thing he ever saw, you notice he's staring at you in a love-struck expression, you felt your cheeks flared up a bit and decided to snap his daze.

You just waved at him casually, luckily it did the work. Jim's fantasy has been snapped once he heard Coach Lawrence giving both him and Steve a punishment: "Oh, that's it. That's it jokers! Both of you, principal's office, now!" Cue for the School bell rang.The school ended early, you and your cousin went home early as well, you two have a serious conversation once you return home. As you arrived, Eren sat on the couch with Salem napping beside him with a gentle purr emitting in him. You on the other hand sat across Eren on an armchair looking a bit distress."Okay 'Coz, tell me about Jim and a troll hunter, you say." He started, this made the black cat perked up, he opened both of his eyes and listened."Alright, I know this sounds pretty crazy but– I just witnessed Jim fighting a golem with his Trollhunter armor yesterday!" You exclaimed with a bit of craziness lingered in your voice."Are you sure that you're telling the truth?" Eren doubted, you felt offended by his statement. "Of course! Since when do I lie to you?" You asked him.He opened his mouth but no sound coming out of his mouth. He fell silent, knowing that it was true. Once in your life, you have never been a liar in any circumstances."Exactly!""But how could that be possible? Trollhunter is meant for Trolls, not for humans." Eren differed. His verdict is true, in many years of Troll history, no human has ever been chosen as a Trollhunter, Merlin's amulet is signified for the Trolls."That's what I thought so too. Maybe the Amulet chooses Jim for a reason, as it senses his bravery, his virtue or...something." You inscribed. You recalled the time when Jim defended Eli from Steve. 'I guess that's a sign of courage that every Trollhunter must require.'