Chapter five

Y/N, have you seen my staff anywhere? It's not in my locker for some reason." Eren called, opening his locker, searching for his Staff of Daylight. An ancient vestige that was passed down upon him. "Dunno," I answered blankly. "And why do you keep your staff in your locker?" I asked, grabbing the assigned books for the class hours. It was another day in Arcadia Oaks High, except me and Eren are now invited to Jim's trollhunter quest. It was exhilarating but at the same time, it was nerve-wracking. It has been a while since we ever set on a quest.

"Aha! Found it!" Eren happily pulled out a golden-colored pen that was a disguise as his staff. He put on his shirt pocket before combing his hair with his fingers.I sent him a questioning look before asking him. "What are you doing?"He replied nonchalantly. "Looking good, duh!" he rolled his eyes. I mentally facepalmed. I shook my head in complaint before groaned loudly. "Ugh! Boys..."

I slammed my locker door shut. And next to me, Claire was there. She waved and greeted. "Hey Y/N..." Her voice trailed off but her gaze darted towards the boy behind me. "Eren."Eren spotted Claire and waved at her like a lunatic. "Morning Claire, how are you?""I'm fine." She replied. We (Mainly Eren) offered her to walk with us towards Math class and she eagerly accepted. We talked about a few things about schools and other normal matters, however, she was interesting to discuss magics."Is it true you charmed Y/N to ask Jim out to the Spring Fling dance?" Claire quizzed. Although I almost forgot about the Spring Fling Dance, and—I didn't really properly asked Jim out, it was mainly because of the Charm, it

"Yup, it was all me." Eren proudly announced, receiving a scoff and a glare from one and only; Me. "Eren, I don't think that was such a good idea," Claire said, with a slight frown on her face. "Why not? She already asked Jim out to the dance, so—no biggie." "Stupid," I said before walking ahead to math class.