Chapter 1

The past five years had been the very best of her life.

"Don't forget your lunch, dear." Yor said, as she handed her lunchbox.

"Did Dad cook?" Anya asked.

Yor looked a little embarrassed. She knew what was coming. "Yes."

"No." She thought, sadly.

"Sorry, I don't want it." Anya said, as she set the box back on the table. "I'll eat when I get back."

Yor tried not to let her disappointment show on her face. Even after all these years, Anya would never even try her cooking.

It was hard to believe they had been a family for five years now.

Following the unification of the countries of Ostania and Westalis, the seemingly never ending demand for spies had come to a sudden end.

Although he was the best there was at what he did, her adopted father, the legendary Agent Twilight, had no work left to do in his home country.

And so he and his family re-located here, to England. Where he continued his facade of being an ordinary psychiatrist while handling sensitive matters of state on occasion.

His wife, Yor, the assassin Code named 'Thorn Princess' had taken to jetting around the world to perform her work.

It was not unusual for her to get a summons in the early morning just after Father had gone to work, to catch a jet two hours later, sleep the entire plane ride to wherever she needed to be, step out of the airport, kill her target, and then come right back with no one but Anya herself being the wiser.

'It was remarkable.'

Anya thought to herself, how even after genuinely falling in love the two of them still had no idea about the other's double lives.

She had long ago given up on wondering when the secret would come out. She was certain it never would. And what was more she wasn't even sure she wanted it to be.

Despite her background in some of the most elite private schools in the world, Agent Twilight's sudden re-assignment had led them to choose to enroll Anya in an ordinary British primary school.

She had initially relished the chance to be a normal kid for once, but was taken aback when she realized that because of her background and family, she was the 'rich kid' of her class.

Considering how she had grown up surrounding by the children of some of the richest and most powerful families in Ostania, it was quite a startling change.

She began to really appreciate how Becky Blackwell must have felt being friends with her, back when her family was considerably less well off.

Well, Becky had been friends with her in spite of their differences. She was sure that among the children here she would find at least one friend.

Her first few days at this school had been relatively uneventful, by her standards anyway.

She met her class and teacher, and was beginning to settle into her daily routine.

She was beginning to memorize names, and taking note of the friend circles.

It was not long until she noticed the one boy sitting on his own.

"Who's that?" She asked, inconspicuously pointing at the black haired boy sitting by himself in the corner of the classroom.

"Don't point." The girl next to her snapped, as she raised her hand and swatted it down.

Anya frowned, as the girl's thoughts flowed into her head.

'Dudley will see you.'

"That's Harry Potter." The girl said. "We don't talk to him."