Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Anya elected not to mention Ginny's aggressive behavior towards her to Harry.

It was hard not to, as she kept glaring daggers at her from across the table, but she tried to distract herself by following along with the conversation.

There were so many people around, all wizards, that she found it difficult to follow along.

The culture shock was so great even her telepathy didn't help there were so many people here, that she was beginning to feel a little bit light headed.

More than once Harry had to ask her if she needed to lie down.

She had learned over the years that diligent mediation helped her block out the voices of other people's in her head, she tried doing that now.

However it was rather difficult juggling that, while maintaining a healthy conversation with her boyfriend and his friends.

She worried that she might come off as odd.

Ginny certainly seemed to think so.

She had been glaring at her all night, and Anya was really struggling to decide on how best to deal with her.

On one hand once the World Cup was over they would probably never see each other again.

Anya would go home to her parents and Ginny would return to the Burrow.

But on the other they were going to spend a night camping at the World Cup.

She needed an ally.

She hated getting Hermione involved, but as Mrs.Weasley was not going, she had no one else to turn to.

Thankfully, Hermione seemed to have noticed Ginny's glares, and had pulled her aside to have a brief, hushed discussion with her out of earshot from Harry.

"What happened?" Hermione whispered.

Anya decided it was best to be honest.

"I think she likes Harry."

Hermione sighed. "She does." She said. Her voice gloomy. "Not without good reason, mind you, he saved her life."

"I know." Anya said. "But he doesn't owe her his love."

"I agree." Hermione said, shaking her head. "Do you think... you'll have problems?"

"Yes." Anya said, bluntly, and Hermione winced. "But I won't be the cause of it."

"I'll talk with her." Hermione said anxiously. "Please... um, don't do anything reckless."

She clearly had the impression that Anya was a wild, uncontrollable animal.

Anya found herself wondering what Harry told his friends at school about her.

When she tried to peer into her mind to find out, however, she found that Hermione's mind was already running wild on how best to make peace between them.

Harry himself had no idea that anything was wrong.

He was so happy here, among the people he cared about most, that it never even crossed his mind that something might be wrong.

It struck her then how very much like he was like her father in that regard.

She rejoined the conversation and listened to the debate about who would win the Quidditch World Cup.

Despite being English, the clear favorite seemed to be for Ireland to win.

"I'm from Ostania." She said to Harry. "That's closer to Bulgaria... I think I'd prefer to root for them."