Chapter 15

Chapter Fifteen

.

.

.

After the incident with Mrs. Figg, the baby was never left alone.

Yor and Loid hovered him like hawks, firing shots at sudden movements and being incredibly on edge.

WISE had not been able to procure any information on the Order of the Phoenix or Albus Dumbledore, but they had been able to pull up Arabella Figg's muggle records.

Despite clearly being trained as an assassin, they was no indication she had ever committed any wrongdoing, In Westalis, or anywhere else.

As they were living as a normal family in a foreign country, Loid was forced to let her go.

It wasn't long after that when Anya saw her on the street, read her mind, and realized it had been obliviated.

Not only had the memory of their encounter been removed, but all re-collections of Dumbledore and the Order of the Phoenix along with it.

Anya was not surprised when she came home one day to find Albus Dumbledore in their sitting room, smiling pleasantly.

"Ah, Anya." He said jovially, as he stood up. "Little Tom and your parents are out for a little walk."

"Hello Professor." She said cheerfully, as she walked towards him. "How are you?"

She drew the knife from underneath her sun dress and slashed it across her chest.

Dumbledore stood completely still, smiling pleasantly, as the knife contacted his skin.

It bent like rubber.

"Now Anya." He said, his voice still light and friendly. "I am not here to fight. I simply wish to explain the situation to you. Doubtless you have already noticed certain things. I wish to clear the air."

Anya stepped away.

She had her gun on her as well, but at the moment she felt that it was best to keep talking.

"You want to kill my baby brother." She said, her lips dry. "There's nothing to clear the air about."

"Your brother is, sadly, already dead." Dumbledore said. "Lord Voldemort has seen to that."

They stared at each other for a moment.

Neither side was backing down.

"Voldemort has forced me into a difficult position." He said. "I do not wish to remove a child from such a loving family….. so loving, in fact, that it is willing to overlook his crimes in a past life. But it must be done. For The Greater Good." He spoke with a tone of finality.

"For the greater good?" Anya repeated. "How does killing a baby help to achieve that?"

"Do not be a fool." Dumbledore said. "You know very well just who that child is. You have always known, yet have chosen not to tell the people closest to you. Not even Harry himself."

Anya smiled grimly.

"Neither have you."

They stared at each other again.

"Harry does not need to know everything." Dumbledore said, his voice heavy.

"Because that would make him more difficult for you to control... wouldn't it, Chessmaster?" Anya asked, her voice sickeningly sweet.

Dumbledore raised his hands and folded his fingers.

He stared at her.

The gaze of his blue eyes were piercing.