Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen

.

Dumbledore stood in his office, his hands folded across his back.

He was deep in contemplation regarding the current state of the wizarding world.

Voldemort had returned: There was no doubt about it.

But contrary to his expectations, he had not taken any action against the general public.

His choice to revive himself through Yor Forger's pregnancy was a bizarre choice, made purely to take advantage of the Forger family's close relationship with Harry Potter.

He had thought that he could weaponize the relationship to his advantage, but had severely underestimated just how much Harry had preferred living in the Wizarding World.

He had been, right from the onset, unable to forge a relationship with Harry Potter.

They had never even met.

True, that was mostly due to his own influence... for the past year he had pushed Sirius to distance himself and Harry from the Forgers, and now that Ginny Weasley had made her move the relationship was sure to end.

It was essential for his plans to succeed that Harry must distance himself from Anya Forger.

It was time.

Harry needed to learn the truth about Voldemort.

The knock came at the door, as expected.

Dumbledore turned and smiled.

"Enter."

Harry Potter stepped into the room, shutting door behind him.

"Good evening, Professor."

He seemed quite a bit happier than Dumbledore at last seen him.

Clearly Ginny Weasley was making him very happy.

"I take it that you are well?" Dumbledore inquired.

'Yes, Sir." Harry said. "Um. What did you want to talk about... Professor?"

Doubtless he assumed that he was in some kind of trouble.

He had, up until now, kept Harry rather in the dark concerning his destiny.

He had been waiting for the ideal moment, but with things the way they were there he would have to proceed, against his better judgement.

"Please, Harry. Have a seat."

He sat in the wooden chair, staring up at him with wide green eyes.

It struck Dumbledore then just how small he looked.

"It is time I told you about your relationship with Lord Voldemort." Dumbledore began. "I have been thinking for quite some time that it is high time you learned, and understood, just why Voldemort felt the need to hunt you down as a baby."

Harry stared at him expectantly.

Dumbledore was pleased to see that his eyes were steely and determined.

He was not a child anymore.

He had been right to tell him now.

"You see." Dumbledore began. "Shortly before your birth, a prophecy was made concerning you, and your relationship with Lord Voldemort."

He turned to the Pensieve and waved his wand.

Out of the milky white liquid, rose the image of Professor Trelawney.