Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

The Order of the Phoenix was revived about an hour after Voldemort returned.

Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, Alastor Moody, and Minerva McGonagall all gathered a at the table.

The mood was dark and foreboding.

No one spoke, no one dared to believe that it was true.

Albus Dumbledore swept into the room, followed by an angry looking Severus Snape.

Sirius was first to speak.

"What is he doing here?" He snapped, breaking the silence.

Dumbledore glared at him.

"Severus will be essential for what must be done." Dumbledore said.

"But he's one of them!"

"This discussion is over." Dumbledore said coldly, as he swept into the room.

The residents of the room stared.

None had ever seen Dumbledore in such a malevolent mood.

He sat down at the end of the table and turned.

"I have just spoken with Lord Voldemort." He said. "He has chosen to rebirth himself as Tom Forger, the second child of the Forger family."

"No!" Minerva said, her face going pale. "Not Anya Forger's family?"

"The very same." Dumbledore said. "Although still just a newborn, his powers and intelligence remain completely intact. So much so that it is very much possible he could re-organize the Death Eaters once he gains the ability to talk. Considering his powers, I expect that to be within the next year or even earlier."

Sirius leaned in.

"The Forgers... we have to warn them!"

"We cannot." Dumbledore said, his voice heavy. "Her Father, Loid Forger has connections with the government of Westalis. He deals with international espionage in the muggle world. If we were to tell him, all of Westalis, and by extension Ostania, would be made aware of the Wizarding community. Informing him would destroy our culture and way of life."

"Anya Forger knows." McGonagall argued.

"Anya is a very capable young girl." Sirius agreed. "Dumbledore, Anya already knows about the wizarding community..... she's trustworthy, and really cares about Harry." His eyes narrowed. "Does she know?"

"She does." Dumbledore said. "The shock has been quite a lot for her."

Sirius clenched his fists.

"Damn..."

"What will we do, Albus?"

"The child for all intents and purposes is Lord Voldemort." Dumbledore said, his voice heavy. "It is not unlikely that the child's soul still survives... but Voldemort seems to have suppressed it. It would be irresponsible of us to allow that family to suffer attempting to raise him like an ordinary child."

"What are you saying?" McGonagall asked, her voice timid.

"My view." Dumbledore said. "Is that we need to kill Lord Voldemort."

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Yor Forger was exhausted.

Little Tom Forger had been quite a handful.

He seemed oddly quiet for a baby, but would often refuse to eat anything, and would put up a fight when it was time to change his diapers.