Wattpad Original
There are 8 more free parts

CHAPTER 3

CHAPTER 3

"ARE YOU certain that you don't want to travel via air?" Treven immediately asked Gatria the moment they stepped out of Adral. "It'll be more convenient and we could cover more grounds. In half a day, we'll be In Beastrela." Treven still hadn't given up on convincing Gatria that air travel was more advantageous.

Of course, Gatria's answer didn't change. "I told you, we have to travel on foot. I have to ascertain the condition of the land, the trees, the forests, the animals and every vegetation I could find. I have to fix everything that has been destroyed while I was imprisoned."

Treven sighed heavily before he turned to Grath who was just silently following them. "Say, Grath, you like air travel too, right?"

"Do not bother with me, Lord Treven." Grath bow his head. "I was born and raised in the Pacific woodland, so walking is not really a chore for me."

Treven's shoulders fell and he groaned as he walked lifelessly. "Why am I surrounded by boring people?" He complained and stilled when he saw Gatria glaring at him. "What? You are boring." Treven continued complaining. "We could have ridden Vago and reach the nearest town in a few days. Then we'll hit a tavern, drink booze and have fun."

Gatria didn't heed Treven's complaints any attention. She was too focused on surveying the land and trees around them to care. From time to time, she would kneel and touch the soil with her palm to check its condition and when she felt like it needed nourishment, she would imbued it with her essence.

And that was the reason why the travel from Adral to Mistvale, the nearest village in Beastrela, took them five days when in fact, they could have reached it in a mere two days even on foot.

"Is this really Mistvale?" Grath asked with a frown as he looked at the bustling village. It was more like a small town than a village.

Treven also had a frown on his face. "The last time I passed this village, it hardly had any humans living in it. What happened?"

The two were frowning and confused, but Gatria couldn't care less. Her attention was on the apple woodland beside the village.

"No. We're going to the village." Treven firmly hold Gatria's hand and pulled her to the village when she was about to go to the apple woodland. "We have to know what's going on. Information is the most important part of traveling."

Gatria had no choice but to follow Treven after hearing the tone in his voice. Information had been just as important to Treven as how nature was important to her.

"... this is a village?" Gatria wondered the same thing when they entered and the village's entrance had guards. Not only that, there were many stalls selling different types of products. From food to meat to fruits. "Have I been gone for so long that villages had changed from the villages I know?"

"No. This one is just different." Treven answered. "Come on. Let's gather information."

Gatria just followed Treven and watch him work— work means chatting the merchants on the street while buying what they were selling and naturally talking to the locals as if he was a local himself.

Treven was natural with people. Very sociable that he could get anyone to talk to him.

"Lord Treven is amazing," Grath couldn't help voicing out his astonishment as he watched Treven worked.

Gatria nodded. "Yes, that he is."

A moment later, Treven went back to Gatria and Grath to report.

"Well?" Gatria asked. "What happened?"