Wattpad Original
There are 5 more free parts

CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

GATRIA, TREVEN and their new two travel companions stayed a whole week in Ashmire waiting for Grath. And in those days that passed, there was never a day that Gatria didn't challenge Drago into a duel which Drago always declined, much to Gatria's annoyance.

Meanwhile, Treven was off seducing his half-demon everyday who seemed so innocent in a lot of things which always made Treven head throbbed. Though Gatria thinks that Treven had a long way to go when it comes to Zarek, who didn't appear to understand Treven's advances. Zarek was raised in the demon kingdom and because he was a halfling, he was hidden by his parents from the whole demon race, so Zarek was not on par with Treven when it comes to flirtation and advances.

Finally, after so many days of waiting, Grath arrived looking tired that they decided to stay one more day in Ashmire to let Grath rest. Grath apparently ran from Adral to Ashmire. He could've taken an equine, but Grath was not used to riding that instead of helping speed up his travel, it might slow him down.

Though passing an uneventful day was not a waste of time for the reason that while they're waiting for Grath, Gatria had been roaming around outside Ashmire, ascertaining the condition of the nature around town. Spending her whole day with nature was something Gatria enjoys, so it was hardly a chore. It was part of her responsibility that she loves the most.

Despite the delay, the time finally came to leave Ashmire. Everyone stocked up food and other things they might need in their travel. Grath was stunned to meet their new companion—Drago, a full-blooded dragon and Zarek, a descendant of Sappher— but feeling their new companion's gait and the aura they exude, Grath had a feeling that he was inferior to these people. Thought it did not discourage him, it was the opposite. He was used to traveling with powerful individuals and always used his experience to learn and enhance his battle skills.

"First stop is the town of Belrac," Treven informed everyone as they leave Ashmire. "Belrac is the town bordering Infernal empire, Thurene kingdom and the kingdom of Treterra. According to the information I gathered around Ashmire, after the destruction of the city of Faberion, the kingdom of Thurene had been acting up. We should be careful. Thur— the capital of Thurene is home to mercenaries and bandits, the reason why the empire couldn't annex them, so be on guard at all times. After Belrac, we will pass the barren land, then Castetava, Sarnau and then finally, Ager, the capital of Treterra. Knowing her," Treven glanced at Gatria who's kneeling on the ground and touching the soil, "our pace will be slow since we're travelling on foot. So, if anyone couldn't take it, feel free to leave us behind."

In all honesty, Treven didn't want to be left behind, but he had to warn their new travel companions to avoid the blame being thrown around.

"I'm okay with it." Said Drago even though he knew he should hurry and find the information he needed. He had no time to spare, but here he was.

"Same with me." Zarek nodded. "I came from the Demon kingdom and I know little of human towns."

Treven let out a relieved sighed before looking at Gatria. "Still not done?"

"No. I'm done. I'm just making sure this plain valley that stretched towards the great forest of Tazman is safe from creepers and crawlers." Gatria stood up, fixed the cloak that was wrapped around her, and went to walk beside Treven.

"The forest surrounding Belrac has a name?" Grath, who was on the front, asked in surprise.

Gatria nodded as she leaned down to run her hands over the grass. "Yes. It has. But I guess it had been forgotten or it just didn't matter to humans."

"The great forest of Tazman is not that great anymore, you know." Treven informed Gatria. "Half of it had become a barren land."

"So I heard," Gatria's lips thinned. She heard it from Sollel and apparently, it was her resentment that caused it.