Wattpad Original
There are 2 more free parts

CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 8

ON FOOT, Gatria and company reached Belrac in seventeen days. In those days, monsters plague their path that Treven was thankful that they were traveling with two more people that could slaughter monsters with ease. And since Gatria was conserving her essence, she only helped with her sword when needed. Along the way, the whole group managed to hoard monster materials to sell, much to Treven's happiness.

For Gatria, those seventeen days didn't pass in vain. She tried thinking of ways on how to work hand-in-hand with other races in taking care of Azitera, including humans. Though she didn't trust humans, she knew she couldn't disregard them since they're the major populace of Azitera. Unless, of course, she killed them all.

But she was trying to understand how Drago views humans. It baffled her than even though it was those humans who hunted and killed Drago's young kind, he didn't hate them all.

Gatria didn't know if a time will come that she would think that way, because even after all those days, her hatred for humans didn't dissipate even just a little.

To have such a large heart, Gatria thought about Drago. Is it because Dragons had been living here in Azitera longer that Ytherians did? A wisdom cultivated through experience and living longer than anyone in Azitera.

Though it was rude to ask, but Gatria was curious how old Drago was. She would bet he's just as old as Warlord Hakkeran who was the only remaining ancient Sappherian in Azitera.

After the ancient beings numbers declined to the point of extinction, the four supreme deities needed overseers — that was when Ytherians were born. After that, different races appeared. And in fear that the new civilization would decline once again if left on its own, the supreme deities sent an oracle to the Ytherians to raise and train four strong and promising individuals to oversee Azitera in their stead while bearing their blessing.

The four supreme deities were also known in ancient history as the four supreme elemental deities:

Ignis, the deity of flame and destruction. It was said that her anger and temper were explosive that no deity would want her anger directed at them. And Sollel was the perfect embodiment of her blessing.

Nati, the deity of nature and life. It was said that she was the core of Azitera, the one responsible for breathing life to the land. Gatria received her blessing of nature and life in a form of healing and therefore became the executive overseer.

Ishka, the deity of water and fate. It was said that her water was the only living force that could rival Ignis' flame and it's destructive strength. And Aenwyn who was blessed by her inherited that said force and the ability to see chains of fates.

And Anima, the deity of wind and souls. It was said that she was the counterpart of Nati who ruled over life and the fiercest of the supreme deities. And Astrid received her blessing, allowing her to control the wind and bestowing her with a pair of pearly white wings to freely govern the air and the inhabitants below.

After the blessing was conducted, Sollel, Aenwyn, Gatria and Astrid were trained by the deities in their respected temple in Yther for a whole year. Following that, the four supreme deities declared that that would be the last time they'll ever meddle in Azitera. It was now the responsibility of the queens of Yther to oversee the land and make sure that no harm befalls it as the bearer of the deities blessing.

A lot of things happened since then. When Yther was sieged and fell, that was the time that the people of Yther realized the reality and truthfulness of the deities words that they would only come down and meddle if the civilization was close to extinction.