Chapter 20 <3

"SAVE AMPHIBIA?!?!?!?!" the girls shout, and valeraina simply walks towards a far wall. the wall looks blank, covered in mildew and mold, then she places a hand on the solid stone and it lights up. luminescent blue lines find their way across the wall, with occasional splotches of green and pink joining. the lines all join at the centre, and they create a large image that glows bright in the dimness of the chamber. "woah." anne and sasha state, obviously taking in the whole thing in awe. marcy immediately begins to break down the image infront of her. "so uhhh- valeraina, does this image relate to the prophecy that we saw on the entrance to this place? and who is that large newt? is that andrias? and-" marcy is cut off by valeraina. "calm down dear, i will explain everything." valeraina smiles, and marcy smiles back. anne and sasha gaze in awe at how intelligent their love marcy is, their faces red and they hold eachothers hand, marcy soon joins them.

"first of all" the guardian begins, "that newt is not andrias, it represents the evil that has overcome amphibia, although yes most of that has been brought apon us by andrias. i know of the prophecy that you speak of, and yes, this image does relate to that prophecy." valeraina then points to three shining figures, the colours of the calamity stones. "these represent you three, as you are the key to saving amphibia from the evil of itself." "the evil of itself? whats that supposed to mean? and how are we supposed to do that? this prophecy thing seems like a bunch of bull just to get us to do things that arent our responsibility." sasha huffs, anne gives her a sideways glare.

"i understand your frustration sasha, and although i wish it didn't mean that, you are the calamity power holders, meaning that this is your responsibility." valeraina states almost sadly, as if she doesn't want the girls to have to fight. "so val, how do we defeat the 'evil of amphibia itself'?" anne asks. "first, you must defeat andrias, as well as the core, then-" she's cut off by marcy who immediately starts panicking. "wait is the core not defeated yet? is it still inside me??? am i still evil? is all this information still going to the core? am i putting us all in danger?"

"marcy dear, no, you are not controlled by the core anymore. since the core has lost control of its host, it has fled back to its body, which needs to be defeated. do you remember what the core was contained in when you were possessed?" valeraina calmly asks marcy, to which she replies "sadly no, i have no memory of what happened that night. i think it might have been too much trauma for my brain to remember. but... OH! olivia and yunan were there! do you guys remember anything?" olivia and yunan perk up at the mention of their names, then immediately look at each other with dreading looks on their faces.

"yes, yunan and i were there, and we do remember the cores body." olivia begins, then sniffs and shudders. "we know that the memory was obviously not as traumatic for us as it was for marcy, but it is still very hard for us to speak about." she says shakily. yunan simply takes her hand, leans over and plants a kiss on the blue newts forehead. "take your time love." she whispers. olivia takes a deep breath then starts. "the cores body was a large sphere, with an array of eyes identical to the ones on marcy's helmet, when fighting it you need to be careful, as it has many long tentacle arms with mechanical claws on the end. it may try to do the same to you as it did to marcy, so try not to let your emotions get out of hand."

anne and sasha share a sad glance; their poor marcy, this evil thing possessed her and made her so things we know she would never willingly do. suddenly, they hear an almost silent snuffling, and turn around to see marcy with tears rolling down her cheeks and her hands shaking. "i'm sorry guys" she whispers, "keep listening. i just- now that i'm hearing it, all the memories are coming back" she sobs. anne and sasha's hearts break for their love. they grab onto marcy while listening to valeraina continue, and calm her down until she is able to concentrate again, this horrid memories hopefully at the back of her mind. we needed focus if we were going to pull this off.