Prologue

-Camelot, late 12th century-

It is a busy day in Camelot as usual, early in the morning as the sun rises knights are training out in the courtyard and castle staff inside are getting everything ready for the royal family.

King Arthur is sitting at the breakfast table, to his right is his sister Morgana.

The two converse as the royal advisor enters. They break their chatter to listen to what tasks need to be done today.

"She is late." Arthur sighs once his advisor left.

"Oh don't be like that. You know how my darling niece is, I'm sure she got distracted daydreaming again on her way here." Morgana chides and Arthur grumbles something under his breath.

Meanwhile in Merlins room Hisirdoux is sweeping the floor with a broom. Princess Mailin is sitting by the window, reading.

Well, pretending to read while secretly admiring her crush who just knocked an armors head off.

Hisirdoux sighs, picks of the helmet from the floor and gives it to the armor who angrily takes it from him.

"Sorry!" Hisirdoux apologizes. He exhales tiredly while looking at how much sweeping he has left to do. "Blast it."

He looks around and puts a spell on the broom which makes it move by itself.

The princess stares in awe at how his magic works.

Hisirdoux yawns, grabs his lute and plays a few tunes. He grins cheekily at the princess who giggles shyly.

"Hisirdoux!" Merlin suddenly yells and enters the room, startling the two teens.

"What have we talked about?"

"Magic isn't a permissible shortcut to hard work." Hisirdoux sighs.

"Carry on, and don't..."

"But, Master--"

"But, Master me."

"I'm just-- I know I'm capable of more than just pushing a broom." Hisirdoux says as the broom starts hitting him. "Teach me to be a proper sorcerer!"

"If there is a universal truth in this world, it is that struggle is the flame which forges one's soul into steel. Magic cannot be a crutch. To take the easy way out is to merely exist, Hisirdoux." Merlin says.

"So, why am I learning spells if I'm not supposed to use them? I wanna be a wizard like you! With a staff and everything!" Hisirdoux whines desperately.

"Staffs are for those with mastery over Magic and magic is mastery over life. So first, you must learn how to live. Master that lesson, and I vow your days of pushing brooms will be over." Merlin says, Hisirdoux sighs.

"Now, your highness, I believe your father is looking for you." Merlin turns to the princess.

Mailins eyes widen "Oh no! I'm late for breakfast!" With that she rushes out of the room. Hisirdoux looks after her longingly.

Merlin chuckles and mumbles under his breath "Ah, young love..."

-Nine Centuries later-

Douxie is still sweeping the floor with a broom.

He sighs "I wonder how Mailin is doing. I haven't seen her since she left a few months ago without telling me where she went." He thinks sadly.

Little did he know an exciting adventure is about to start...