Chapter 4: dreaming and- oh fuzz buckets

Previously on Hisirdoux Casperan x OC

After the door closed, I laid down in Douxies bed and fell asleep, starting to dream about how we met.

-----------------------

(In the dream, third POV)
"I knew this was a bad idea- AH!" Mailin let out a shout when the gumgum nearly took ahold of her.

"Go into the Forest she said, it'll be fun and magical she said." Mailin lets out an annoyed huff.

"Great idea aunt Morgana, now I'm being chased!"

Mailin kept on running but the troll was faster. She kept looking back to see how close he was and didn't see the big tree root up ahead.

With a yelp she stumbled over it and fell to the ground.

The troll was hovering above her, growling with smoke coming out of his nostrils.

"How dare you enter our territory fleshbag!" He roared with his deep voice. He raised his fists and was about to smash her when a blue magic beam shot him back. He hit his head and fell unconscious.

A boy stepped in front of Mailin. He had black hair, a part of it in a man bun, and kind hazel eyes.

"Are you alright?" He asked and held out his hand to help her up.

"Yeah, thank you. You just saved my life." Mailin said with a relived smile and took his hand.

As their skin touched both felt a spark jolt through them. They hearts seemed to leap and beat faster for a second.

The glow of their respective magic auras lit up the forest as they stared at each other like in trance.

They had just fallen in love.

Mailins PoV:
"Mailin, love, wake up. We're back."

I groan as the dream fades while someone lightly shook me. I open my eyes and see Douxie smiling softly.

"Hi honey." I smile, still a little bit tired and sit up "how'd it go?"

"It worked they're safe for now." Claire explains as she closes the doors.

"That's great!" I grin and get up.

"Yeah, but Arthur is furious." Douxie sighs "he's locked down the castle. He asked where you are, and I said you're in your room." Douxie further explains to me.

"I can't believe it, he's getting paranoid." I sigh.

"Luckily, he thinks you're so incompetent, you can't be a suspect." Archie says to Douxie.

"At lease we got Jim and the prisoners away safe." Claire says, trying to make Douxie feel better.

Douxie goes to the door and opens it.

"Where are you going?" Archie asks.

"To get that Time Map. Hopefully with Arthur on the hunt, I've got a chance to finally snatch that thing." Douxie answers.

I walk up next to him "I'm coming with you." We leave the room and close the door.

Once in Merlin's tower Douxie opened his safe but couldn't find the map in it.

"Looking for this?"

We both gasp and turn.

Merlin sits in front of the window, holding the Time Map.

"Or perhaps this?" Merlin asks and levitates our past sleeping selves into view.

"Oh, fuzz buckets." Douxie and I curse.

Merlin had awoken our past selves again and past Douxie was back to sweeping with a broom while my past self went to her room so that father wouldn't think I had gone missing.

Currently Merlin was scolding us.

"Have you any idea what you've done? I knew my apprentice was an ignoramus, but traveling through time? Time!"

"I think we handled ourselves just fine, all things considered. And, technically, it was your idea." Douxie defends himself and I nod in agreement.

"Well, then, you must have botched it up! My planning is flawless!" Merlin says while accusingly pointing his index finger at my husband.

"For the record, Master, I had nothing to do with this." Past Douxie says "He did, which is me, and... ugh! Time Travel, so confusing."

I pat past Douxie on the shoulder comfortingly.

Merlin takes out the Time Map and it flashes red "Aah! The timelines are in complete disarray!" It flashes red and blue while Merlin set it on the table.

"Look, I can fix this, I swear!" Douxie says pleadingly.

"You mean we; I'll help you." I say and Douxie nods thankfully at me before turning back to Merlin.

"Ah-ah, your meddling has already wreaked enough havoc on history." Merlin glares at Douxie.

"Then surely we can use the Time Map to change things back, and then it'll all be as it was." Archie says hopefully.

"It doesn't work that way. The map only offers glimpses of possible futures. There are no detailed instructions." Merlin explains.

The map glows blue again and Douxie says "Oh, come on, it's not that bad."

"Aah! By my beard! Not that bad, eh?" Merlin asks. He moved and we gasp as we saw the map showing Father, dead.

"Oh my!" I gasp as tears form in my eyes.

Douxie and past Douxie curses "Oh, fuzz buckets!"

"You little dungeon break must have changed fate. Now, unless I stop, the king will die!" Merlin shouts and leaves.