Chapter 8: The lady of the lake

Previously on Douxie x OC

I walked back to Douxies room, entered and laid down in the bed he conjured for us with a spell for the night.

"Good night Mailin."

"Good night Douxie."
------------------------------------------------

Mailins PoV:
The next morning after Douxie and I had gotten ready for the day we went to Merlin's tower.

Douxie is standing by the window, hugging himself, a sorrowful expression on his face.

"Excalibur is busted and Morgana is... is..." Douxie sighs sadly "This was never supposed to happen."

"You did what you thought was right." Archie tries to cheer him up.

Douxie walks past the Time Map as it was malfunctioning on the table and closes it "And look where that got us. History's absolutely botched. I've led us astray."

"Morgana tried to help me save Jim, but all I saw was anger and darkness." Claire says while looking at a book about shadow magic. "We share the same magic. What does that say about me?"

She goes over to Steve to comfort him after hearing him cry. After he told her why he was crying she told him that it isn't a real problem.

The door opens and Merlin comes inside, carrying the broken Excalibur.

"Camelot is in chaos and Arthur is without his blessed weapon to defend it."

Past Douxie comes in after him and struggles to carry a heavy chest which causes him to fall to the ground.

"Can't he just buy a new one?" Steve asks.

"Without Excalibur, Arthur cannot lead Camelot to war against Gunmar." Merlin clarifies.

"Which would mean the end of humanity." Archie says while jumping on the table.

"And our future." Douxie and I add with a sigh.

"I'll never get us home." Douxie says.

"And I'll never save Jim." Claire says sadly "but we can fix this." She says optimistically. "Right, Douxie?" She turns to him, who turns away sadly.

"There's only one who can. Make ready. I must bring Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake." Merlin says.

"She's real?" Claire asks surprised.

"So, this plan of yours... well, surely you'll need help. Maybe, maybe we can fix this together." Douxie says as he stands next to Merlin.

"Agreed." Merlin says.

"I promise I can make it righ- wait, we are?" Douxie asks confused as he turns to face Merlin. Merlin nods. "Oh, great! Well, we won't let you down."

I smile, happy about how excited Douxie got.

"You, mind the workshop." Merlin says to past Douxie. "You, gather up Excalibur." He orders my husband. "We ride." With that Merlin exits his tower.

"Sounds like a quest!" Steve cheers.

We board the ship and ride along the ocean below dark grey clouds.

Claire and Douxie talk while leaning on the railing.

"Do you think Merlin's plan will work?" Claire asks while putting her book on the railing.

"I messed up the timelines. We've run out of options, and my choices haven't exactly worked out lately. We can't make any more mistakes." Douxie says.