Chapter 2: Hello father

Previously on Douxie x OC

The knight pointing his sword at my husband spoke.

„What manner of sorcery is this?"

„Oh- oh my..." Steve stammers and lets out a high-pitched scream again.

—————————————————————

Mailins PoV:
The knight dismounts his horse and takes of his helmet after repeating his question.

„What sorcery is this?"

„Sir Lancelot, um, I - we-" Douxie stammers as he tries to explain.

Sir Lancelot points his sword at Douxie again to which I growl.

„If you dare hurt my husband it'll be the last thing you do!" I think angrily.

„Wait! Aren't you Merlin's errand boy?" Lancelot asks.

„Apprentice." Douxie corrects him annoyed.

Jim's stasis suddenly breaks, and he shoots up into a sitting position.

„What? How did I-" he gets cut off by Claire.

„Jim! Are you ok?" she asks him.

„Troll! Troll! To Arms!" Lancelot shouts angrily. The knights point their swords at us, ready to attack.

Douxie runs in front of his friends „Wait! Chill out, lads!"

„Chill? Out?" Lancelot repeats confused.

„Take a breath, all right? He's one of the good ones." Douxie explains.

„There are no good ones." Lancelot shouts and shoves Douxie to fall to the ground and points his sword at him again „Monsters are forbidden in Arthurs lands. You'll hang before the king for your insolence." Lancelot says while glaring with pure hatred at them.

I huff, enough is enough.

„Sir Lancelot." I say and get up. I stand straight, hands neatly folded together in front of my waist. Acting like a royal again, I haven't done that in 900 years.

Lancelot gasps and kneels in front of me „M'Lady!"

„That's a little drastic don't you think? After all this troll has done nothing wrong!" I scold Sir Lancelot.

„But your highness, you know what punishment we are to give the beasts! I can't disobey the king." Lancelot says after standing straight again.

„Then bring us to my father and I'll speak with him!" I order and the knights immediately follow.

I couldn't stop them though from putting Claire and Steve in chains and Jim in a cage covered by a large drape.

We were led towards Camelot and People stare at us.

I insisted to walk with Douxie even though Lancelot wanted me to ride with him, I as a princess shouldn't need to walk, he said.

Douxie must sense my nervousness and rubs his thumb soothingly over my knuckles as his hand comfortingly squeezes mine.

„Are you alright?" Douxie asks me worriedly.

„Well, I didn't quite think this through, what if we meet my past self in the throne room?" I ramble panicked.

Douxie chuckles „well I clearly remember that your past self is currently out with my past self on our, well their first date."

I sigh dreamily as I remember „oh what a beautiful first date and first kiss that was."