Chapter 19: rescuing my wife, and the others

Previously on Douxie x OC

I turn when I hear a roar and see Bellroc shooting a huge fire beam.

With a shout I draw my hands apart and form a force field, but it gets broken. I get thrown back by its force and am encased in ice as well.

They then take us onto their ship.

------------------------------------------------

Douxies pov
My eyes widen when I see the shop destroyed. Huge ice blocks are everywhere, and fire is burning at a few places as well.

I run towards the shop. "No! No, no, no. No, no, no! No!" I open the door and enter. "Mailin! Claire! Steve! Nari! What happened here?" I hear Krel groan "Krel! No." I get him out of the ice.

"Couldn't stop them. Took Nari." Krel shivers "Oh, Wait!" He grabs his father's robot head "He can show you!"

He projects it on a screen and my eyes widen as I see everyone run and hear them yell.

I see Mailin hovering in the air. Her hair floating, her whole body glowing rosé and powerful waves of magic emit from her. She seems to have formed a force field to protect everyone. Then she screams in pain as she gets shot down "No!" I gasp and then I see everyone else get taken.

The head shuts down "No, no, no, no, no, no, no! This wasn't supposed to happen!

I open the book and flip through the pages "No! Oh, please tell me there's something in here to help."

Archie puts a paw on the book and looks at me "You don't need at book to tell you the answer, Doux. Merlin was clear. If the Order has Nari, we can't let them get the Seals, or it's arcane Armageddon."

"But I can't just leave my wife and our friends to die."

"It's not easy being a leader." Krel says.

"The Order will never stop coming after the Seals." Archie says.

"We'll spend the rest of our lives running." I then add under my breath "I don't want a life like that for my wife."

"Save our friends or save the world. You must make a decision. We're out of time." Krel says.

I take the shard of the Heart of Avalon out of my pocket "Or maybe... time is all we have."

Meanwhile, Mailins PoV:
Bellroc and Skrael walk towards us.

"Hey! What are you creepozoids doing to Nari?" Steve asks angrily after Jim had placed her down.

"Ensuring she won't leave us again." Skrael answers.

"My patience grows thin Mortals." Skrael says and my breath quickens as he holds and ice dagger to my throat "Don't you realize you've already lost?"

"Hey! Leave my niece alone!" Aunt Morgana shouts angrily.

Skrael only chuckles "Merlin is dead at the hands of his greatest champion, and we turned his Trollhunter against you."

I growl and spit in his face "don't you dare talk like that about Jim!"

Bellroc points her staff at me "Tell us where to find Merlin's errand boy or be turned to ash."

"Never!" I glare at them.

Bellroc staffs gets closer to my face, and I feel blood starting to trickle down my throat from where the ice dagger is starting to cut my skin.

"Mailin!" The others gasp.

Suddenly a magical hologram off Douxie appears "Arcane Order, Hisirdoux is here!"

Skrael growls and tightens the icicle on my throat.

Douxie eyes widen as he sees me groan in pain "Ah-ah-ah-ah-! Hold your hexes if you still want these." He holds up the genesis seals.

Skrael gasps and he and Bellroc back away and I sigh in relief but glare at Douxie.

"The Genesis Seals." Skrael says.

"You want them? Well, come and get them. I'll be in the Café." Douxie vanishes again.

"Secure Nari." Bellroc growls.

"And if the others give you any trouble... kill them." Skrael says and they leave.

Douxies pov:
I end the spell and turn to Krel. The only thoughts racing through my head were if Mailin was alright. I saw a few drops of blood going down her throat.

I wince as I remember her glaring at me, she probably thinks I'm an idiot for telling the Arcane order to come get the Seals.

"Your designs were complicated, but I'm 98.442 percent sure this will work." Krel says. The device buzzes and we chuckle relived.

"Arkiridion tech and magic are so compatible! Who would have thought?" Krel says surprised.

I take the device and go to the cafe.

Skrael and Bellroc enter, and I was able to capture them.

I make my way to the skull ship. Archie and I enter, and Archie frees everyone.

I see Jim about to hit Toby and play a riff. Jim holds his ears and groans.

"How about a little music to soothe the beast?" I spin around and hit him with my guitar. Jim gets thrown back and lays motionless on the ground.

"Douxie!" I look at my beautiful wife as I hear her angelic voice call me.

"Mailin!" I run towards her and help her up. "Are you alright?" I put my hands on her cheeks while looking at her worriedly.

"I'm fine Douxie. I'm glad you're here, I missed you." She smiles and I swear every time she smiles, I fall in love all over again.

"I missed you too." I give her a quick peek on the lips, take her hand and we turn to the others.

Mailins PoV:
"Is everybody alright?" Douxie asks the others.

"Douxie!" Toby says happily. "I'd hug ya, but I can't move my arms."

"Where is the Arcane Order?" Claire asks.

"I have them preoccupied." Douxie smirks but gasps when he sees Morgana. "What's the Queen of the Apocalypse doing here?"

"What I should have done long ago- deal with my brother." My aunt answers. "Get your injured to safety." She opens a portal and leaves.

"Nari! She's not here with you?" Douxie asks as he realized Nari isn't here.

"They locked her up somewhere." I answer and ask him "Douxie, did you get the Seals?"

"Uh... I'll explain later. Let's go." He pulls me with him, and we walk outside.

Douxie whistles and Krel fly's up to us with the boat.

"All right, everyone on board. Krel will take you down to Arcadia. I have to get Nari, see my plan through to the end." Douxie says.

"Please be careful Douxie."

"Always am Mailin. I love you."

"I love you too." I smile at him, and we take off.