XIV. Family

Our kind?

Our kind?

It took me a second to realize what is he talking about, of course, our kind. That's why I felt uneasy with his presence. Somehow even if he's not lying I can't trust him.

"What do you want?" I said to him stepping closer, almost whispering in his ear. He was surprised by my actions, a small smile appeared on his face.
"Wow, so you're not a little bunny anymore" he started to touch my hair and I gave him a deadly gaze "You're a hunter, just like a me"
"Even if we are the same kind, I'm not your friend" I said walking away one more time, I don't want to be close to him anymore.
"Wait!" He said grabbing my arm
"Can you stop? You're getting into my nerves" I said almost screaming, the people around us started to whisper.
"I want a favor" he said looking straight into my eyes "I want to talk with Joseph"
"Joseph?" I asked dumbfounded 'He knows Joseph'
"How do you know him?" I continued
He let out a stifled laugh "He's an old friend"

'Friend? But Joseph is older than me, I've been with him forever and I don't remember meeting Yoongi in the past...'

"Hello?" He snapped his fingers to get my attention back
"I don't know if it's a good idea" I answered him with a serious tone
"It's a little favor, then I'll leave you alone" that last sentence lighted my mood since I don't want to deal with him anymore.
"Fine!" I answered and he looked surprised "Follow me"

We started to walk to my house. I was thinking of who was this guy and why he knows Joseph. I was so immersed in my thoughts that I forgot that he was beside me.

"I wish I could read your mind" he said out of the blue
"What do you mean?"
He laughed in my face "You have been quiet all the time"
"I don't have anything to talk about with you" I said stopping myself.
"That hurts" he replied "I wanted to talk, I have been alone for quite some time" he bit his underlip a little.

I didn't know how to answer him, I didn't realize that all this time I had Joseph by my side, someone who shared the same fate as mine...but maybe he has no one.

"We are here" I said pointing to the main door
"I thought you owned a palace" he asked confused  since it was just a normal house
"Well we did, but now we're normal people" I answered him opening the door
"Joseph, I'm back" I screamed "We have a guest..."
"Nice to see you again Yoongi" Joseph appeared from nowhere and that scared me
"So, it's true" I muttered
"I didn't lie" Yoongi said to me "I'm back, father" Yoongi answered Joseph and hugged him.

He looks like a little kid who was lost and finally found his way home.

"Father? What does he mean, Joseph?" I was stunned
"My Lady meet my son, Yoongi" Joseph replied to me
"Your son? But he's like us, I never met him before, I didn't even know we could..."
"We can have a family if that's your question" Yoongi interrupted
"I'm talking with Joseph" I answered annoyed
"I don't understand anything..."
"Let me explain" Joseph continued "Many years before you were born I met someone just like us... we were happy, got married, and had a little boy" he said looking at Yoongi "Sadly the people in the village got suspicious and started to hunting us..."
"Wait that means..." I looked at Joseph with sorrow
"I couldn't save my beautiful soulmate but I kept my promise of saving our son..."
"But I never met him before"
"Can you stop interrupting?" Yoongi said to me
"Yoongi...behave" Joseph said to Yooongi and I let out a little laugh, he cleared his throat and continued "We ran away and made it to a palace and a kind couple welcomed us, they were rich and well known. Years passed and Yooongi grow up, he was wild and didn't listen to my words I explained all about our kind to him, but he decide that he didn't want to live his long life in one place, so he left me and never came back"
"But then... how..." I interrupted one more time
"For some reason, the couple never had kids but one day while hunting they found a little child in the woods and decided to adopt her, without knowing her nature" Joseph patted my head "A few months later they got sick... back then we didn't have enough medicine or knowledge so they died, since I was his loyal servant they trusted me their most valuable thing, their daughter. Maybe it was fate but I ended up raising a child once again"

I've never heard this story before, all I knew was that Joseph raised me. I'll be thankful to him for all my life.

"Thank you" I said while hugging him
"Hey he's my dad, not yours" Yoongi said
"Shut up" I said "How did you know about me anyways?" I asked Yoongi
"Because you smell just like him" he replied "By the way, why do you look like that?" He asked Joseph
"Like what?" I asked him too
"Like an old man" Yoongi said
"What do you mean?" I wasn't following what Yoongi said
"That's not his real form" he said
"Wait? What?"

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Maybe she forgot about our date..."