XX. Escape

Yoongi POV

"I'm home" I screamed it was a long day at college "Where's Jisoo?" I asked dad as I threw away my backpack "I think Lady Jisoo is still at University" he replied to me "No way, she only has one class today" I said looking for my cigarettes "Where...

"I think Lady Jisoo is still at University" he replied to me
"No way, she only has one class today" I said looking for my cigarettes "Where the H—"
"Here" dad said as he put a package of cigarettes on the table "If you weren't immortal I would be against all this"
"Bullshit" I said boldly "You only say that because 'lady jisoo' hates it"

My father didn't say a word. I felt guilty, maybe I was too rash.

"Thank you though" I said to him while taking the package.

I went to the balcony, it was my third cigarette and there was no sign of Jisoo. I don't know why I'm worried, I shouldn't be worried about a little brat like her.

But then... Why am I thinking about her?

"Son" my father interrupted my thoughts
"I'm going" he said as he put on his coat
"Where are you going?" I asked to confuse
"To the university" he replied

So he's worried too.

"Don't" I said as I put down my cigarette
"I'll go instead, I know the campus better than you"

My father doesn't like to show his emotions but I can tell he's relieved "Be careful" he said as I leave the house.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

The university's empty already. It's pretty late and only a few have classes at this hour.

"Where the fuck are you?" I asked myself since I have been walking nonstop. But then a familiar smell crossed by...

"Found you" I said as I followed the particular smell. All of our kind have special skills, in my case, my sense of smell it's sharp. That's why I try to smoke as much as I could, I prefer the smell of cigarettes to all the nasty smells of my surroundings.

The smell lead me to the music room and as I went closer I heard her sobbing.

"Jisoo, are you there?" I asked from the other side of the door. She didn't answer.
"Jisoo, I know you're inside" I continued but she didn't say a thing.

This little brat...

"Kim Jisoo I came this far because my dad is worried about you" I said angrily "Can you please go home already?"

Nothing. Not even a word. Just silence.

"I'm done" I said as my rage sparked "Why are you always like this?" I asked going inside the room "You're so selfish and..."

She was curling in a ball, looking at the floor. Her tears freely flow down her face, she didn't notice my presence.

"Hey, Jisoo" I said coming closer to her "What happened?"

She looked at me with her puffy and swallowed eyes and started to cry her heart out again.

I wasn't able to say a word I can feel how my throat is closing up. I was yelling at her a few seconds ago when she was in this state.

I sat beside her and held her head while rubbing her hair. I let her cry on my shoulder.

After a few hours she finally calmed down.

"Yoongi..." she called my name in a voice barely audible
"Yes?" I tried to hide my excitement at hearing her speak again
"Erase my memories" she demanded

I was shocked. Erase her memories? Yes I can do it, but why?

"Are you crazy?" I asked
"I can't die Yoongi... humans can die and end their pain" she bites her lower lip "We can't die so at least help me and erase every memory of him"

Him? Oh, now everything makes sense

"Tell me what happened and I'll try to help you" I said to her

She looked at me with puppy eyes. She doubt it for a second but then she started talking. She told me her story.

Their story.

"What a jerk" I told her after hearing everything "That's why you want to erase everything?" I asked to her
"Yes..." she said letting her head drop
"So you'll leave behind your friends... Lisa... Jimin" she didn't say anything "Will you leave this city? Even the old man has a friend here, you know?"
"Really?" That last part caught her attention
"Yes, it's an old lady from a flower shop"
"I didn't know" she said with guilt
"Don't worry" I said holding her hand "In fact, I know it because I can feel her smell on him from time to time" I started to play with her fingers "You don't need to give up on your life now, let me help you"
"But I love him, Yoongi" she said almost whispering 
"And that's okay"
"It's not okay, he hates me"
"And that's okay too" I replied to her "The sadness, love, hate all of that emotions keep us alive"
"Now let's go home" I told her while grabbing her hand

The sunrise kissed her face, her eyes look hopeful now. Without knowing we spent the whole night in the music room. 

We walked back home, and Jisoo didn't say a word. She just held my hand and acted like a scary cat.

My father was waiting for us.

Jisoo hugged him tightly. He mouthed 'thank you'
as he leads Jisoo to her bedroom.

I went to the balcony to smoke. I don't know why have a strange feeling, for some reason...

I want to help her.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

The next week she was hesitant, and scared.

"Let's go Kim Jisoo, it's late"
"I can't do it" she screamed from her bedroom
"Of course, you can and you will" I demanded
"I can't do it Yooongi" she said opening the door of her room "I can't face him"
"Then don't" I said putting my hand on the door
"But how..." she murmured

"I'll be by your side" I replied to her while putting a cap on her "Keep your eyes on me and everything will be okay"

She came out of her bedroom and held my arm strongly.

"Please don't leave me"