XXII. Apology

Author POV

Jisoo was alone in her room at the palace

Jisoo was alone in her room at the palace. She was unable to move but she can hear Jinyoung and Joseph arguing outside. Everything was blurry and distant.

"Why did she leave her room?" Jinyoung screamed at Joseph, he's the type to lose his temper quickly "Lady Jisoo is free to do whatever she wants," Joseph said in a calm way
"She never did something like this before" Jinyoung continued "This is the fault of that damn peasant" Jinyoung was trying to find someone to blame since he overprotects Jisoo

Jisoo is hearing their little fight and the last word caught her attention "Peasant...?" She hasn't heard that word for a while  "He's not any peasant..."

Jisoo started to feel dizzy and a heavy headache hit her. Slowly the memories start to flood back, she realizes that she's not in the palace anymore "Where am I?" Jisoo asked herself as the heavy light of her room met her eyes.

A familiar but unpleasant smell crossed by. She tried to piece together what just happened and slowly moved her lips. She knew who was by her side.

She can feel the thick air  "How long?" Jisoo asked barely opening her eyes "Two days" a calm voice answered her asap, smoke coming out of his mouth "Why are you...?" Jisoo tried to stand up and failed "Don't you dare" he said taking her by the shoulders and making her lay in the bed again "Don't you dare to tell me to not smoke" Yoongi told her before Jisoo could even articulate any word.

Silence filled the room "Two days?" Jisoo asked trying to break the dense atmosphere between them "Yes," Yooing said without looking at her
"It wasn't that bad then" Jisoo smiled

Yoongi looked at her for a second and Jisoo flinched, she thought he was about to scream at her but he didn't, and for some worse reason.

"Here," Yoongi said putting a glass of blood on Jisoo's night table "I'm not going to move until you drink all of it," he said giving her a deadly gaze

Yoongi is smoking nonstop. He's not looking at Jisoo, he doesn't want to. He's mad as hell because she lied to him but at the same time he's relieved that she finally woke up. He wants to hug her but his pride is bigger than his desire.

Jisoo knew that what she did was wrong. She's not surprised by Yoongi's reaction.

Not drinking enough blood causes hibernation. She slept for two days but it could be worse. There have been some cases where her kind sleeps for years and even centuries.

Jisoo held the glass and took a long sip of blood. In a few seconds, the glass was empty. "I'm sorry" Jisoo said with teary eyes "I'm so sorry... I didn't want to... but I felt sad and..." the tears started to flow nonstop.

Yoongi put out his cigarette and took a deep breath "Don't do that ever again" Jisoo's eyes widened "I won't" she answered fast "I will trust you" Yoongi said patting her head.