vii.

seven maybe

「 seven ♥ maybe 」

He stared at me.

Full-on stared.

Every inch of my body was carefully examined, memorized by his sharp gaze. His pretty eyes raked through every part of my outfit, every curve and dip.

I walked past him and out of my bedroom door, swinging my hips for the fun of it. "Take a picture," I called back to him. "It'll last longer."

He was quiet as he followed me. I smirked at the realization that he was probably staring at my ass.

I unhooked a white overcoat from the closet next to my front door. Turning off the lights in my kitchen except one, I turned back to Rowen. "Ready to go?"

He blinked. "Yeah. Let's go."

I trailed him out the door, locking it behind me. He opened the passenger door to his car for me and I stepped in, admiring the sleekness and cleanliness of it all. I wouldn't have expected his car to be this nice - but, then again, he was rich. Almost as rich as me. I smiled at the thought.

He started driving without saying a word.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

No response.

"Rowen?"

"Sorry, what?"

I pursed my lips. "Where are we going?"

"To my friend's house. He's having a party. And it won't be too unsophisticated, don't worry."

"Why would I be worrying?" I glanced out the car window.

"Who knows?" He smirked. "Maybe this facade of calm is just an act."

"I'm always acting, Rowen." I looked at him, tilting my head. "Are you not?"

He shrugged. "I guess I am. I never really have to think about it."

"It comes naturally, sure," I muttered sarcastically.

He let out a small laugh. "Naturally, uh-huh."

We arrived at his friend's party shortly. It was a large mansion that could've been called a castle for its large, spiral-like roof and moat-imitating wooden front door. There were small, growing pine trees that acted as trim for the white of the house.

I didn't even realize that Rowen had already left the car until he opened my side door and offered me a hand. I stepped out of the car without taking it, pulling the overcoat around me tighter.

I'd always had a problem wearing dresses that showed a lot of skin. It made me uncomfortable, especially since I'd always had a problem with self harm.

I followed Rowen up the driveway, watching where I walked. The steepness of the concrete didn't help my black heels situation.