xxvii.

twenty-seven eyes on me
tw: mentions of self-harm and mature scenes ;)

「 twenty-seven ♥ eyes on me 」tw: mentions of self-harm and mature scenes ;)

Rivals with benefits.

I almost laughed out loud.

But it fit us perfectly, didn't it? We were rivals - in some weird, intimate sort of way - and definitely with benefits.

It was the day after we decided on that. This next week, we would have lots of filming to do to catch up.

I was in the changing rooms by myself today. I undressed and couldn't help but glance at myself in the mirror.

A crescent-shaped scar was molded in the center of my chest, between my breasts. It was red and scarring, still healing. The faint scratches of lines littered the skin below and around it.

I swallowed, not able to handle glancing at it anymore. I shoved on my black sports bra, lacy underwear, and an oversized T-Shirt. It was white, and it was supposed to be Levi's in the movie.

In the scene we were filming today, Levi and Jaiden already had sex. They were now in the after-sex period of their relationship, gearing towards the forbidden "L" word.

Love.

Love was a funny thing, I thought. Just when you think you've reached it, it slips from your grasp like sand slips through your fingers. Swiftly and certain.

My encounters with love were too painful to remember. My father was never in the picture. My mother, who was the most amazing person on the planet, left me, and I had blamed myself. And Rowen...

I didn't love him. He was just another boy playing with my heartstrings.

Right?

I stepped out of the changing room, pulling my shirt down a little lower over my underwear. It was long enough that it stopped mid-thigh, but I hated showing skin.

Rowen was already on the set, chatting with one of the camera men. I watched as his Alaska-detector dinged in his head and his eyes immediately turned to meet mine.

I watched his gaze drift down my body, remaining on my legs. I rolled my eyes, my lips curving into a small smirk as I approached him.

"My eyes are up here," I told him, lifting his chin so that his gaze met mine.

He smiled sharply, his eyes dark. "Sorry, love. I was just admiring the legs that my face will be between later."

I bit my tongue, shoving his chest back a little, until I realized he was shirtless. I let my gaze wander, and he caught on immediately.

"Where are my eyes?" he asked, muttering.

My smirk deepened. "Sorry, darling. I was just admiring the abs that my lips will be on later."