xxxv.

thirty-five everett

「 thirty-five ♥ everett 」

I was drunk. My head was spinning and the music was pounding in my ears to the beat of my heart. My gaze was blurry and everything seemed fuzzy, but I knew what I saw.

I stumbled on Braelyn as I stared at Rowen talking to Everett.

Maybe it was my hazy state, but they seemed to know each other. Their shoulders were tight, their gazes cold, their eyes flickering to me.

I shut my own eyes tight as if I hadn't seen them in the first place. I grabbed Braelyn's hands and spun around with her until I was dizzy. This was my night to be free, not to worry about shit with Everett.

It was interesting to me, even in my drunken state of mind, that Everett was even here. I hadn't texted him for weeks, and he just shows up at a random club and talks to Rowen? Everything about it seemed strange.

Whatever, I thought as I spun around to the beat.

But it wasn't even a minute later before arms wrapped around my waist and I was being pulled, unwillingly, away from the dance floor.

"What're you doing?" I muttered to Rowen, attempting miserably to escape his grasp.

His lips came to my ear, his warm breath fanning over my neck and sending shivers through my body. "Please, Alaska."

I relaxed at his touch, leaning back into his arms as his hand slid into mine when we approached Everett.

"Hi, Alaska."

I looked up at him, narrowing my eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"I was here for fun and then I happened to see my brother and his girlfriend and dropped in to say hello."

I looked over his shoulder, then behind me. "Where are they?"

"Right in front of me," he answered.

It took me a solid five seconds before the realization set in and I immediately snatched my hand away from Rowens. "You're kidding."

I moved Rowen so he was standing next to Everett and analyzed them both.

Same height. Same color hair, same nose. Rowen's eyes were prettier. Everett's eyes were dark, like bottomless pits that threatened to drag you down with them. Rowen's gaze felt like hands, dragging down my body. They were hungry.

God, I needed to stop.

I crossed my arms over my chest, my lips turning downwards into a frown. "You two are brothers."

"How did you just now notice?" Rowen chuckled.

"Who's older?" I asked, eyeing them both.

"Him," Everett said, pointing at Rowen.