6̴̤̤̱̒̓.̴̧̥͌͜ ̸͎̯͂͜M̴̢̬̂̓͠o̷̩̟̽̄ṟ̸̙̎̋̕a̸͕̰͑̿͜l̸͇̦͐͂͝i̸̻͖͍̓t̶̰̯̋y̵̲̟̽

"No! No! No!"

Will suddenly woke up in a panic, breathing as heavily as he could. "It... It was just a bad dream." The young boy mumbled to himself, clearly shakened. He looked around himself to see his room, everything where he left it, everything as it should be. He yawned with exhaustion, unsure of how late into the night he had awoken. He slowly laid down back under his covers, ready to let exhaustion consume him once more, when he heard unmistakable footsteps come from behind his door.

"S-serena?" He mumbled not wanting to get out of bed. The footsteps continued closer, as if they stopped outside the doorway listening. "Serena, it's late. Go back to bed." He said slightly louder hoping his sister would hear without risking disturbing their mother below. The footsteps didn't budge, didn't move, nor did she respond to him.

"Come on Serena, what do you need? Water, the bathroom? Just go do it and go back to bed." He said once more sitting up, frusterated with the current events. Silence was all that was returned. Will looked at the door with uncertainy, the situation becoming more confusing to the boy.

"Serena?" He called out, almost with concern. Suddenly the footsteps continued from outside his door, in a full blown sprint heading for the stairs. "Serena!" He yelled quietly in a rush running towards his door and opening it in a panic.

He saw a glimpse of a figure go around the corner to the stairs, the footsteps not letting up in their sprint. He quickly followed down the stairs, hearing the footsteps approach their mother's room in haste. "Serena what could you not just ask me?!" He mumbled knowing their mother would not be delighted to see them so late in the night. He ran around the corner of the stairs into the living room hoping despite all odds he could catch her before she made it inside their mother's room. He got to her door, opened just ajar. He sighed, hoping there was still a chance to get her out of there before she woke up mom.

He opened the door slowly, worried about the night becoming even worse, but instead he opened the door in shock. The room was barren of all life. Bed made, everything in check, nothing out of place. However, his mother and sister were no where to be seen. "M-mom?" He asked worried, as if he had completely missed her. "Serena?" He asked once more, becoming more worried. He walked back out of his mother's room, the house still silent, nothing but his shakey breath to be heard. He heard a creek above him, as if something was walking slowly on the floor above.

The boy gathered his courage and marched onward up the stairs. He slowly peered around the corner to the hall once more, nothing out of sight once again. He crept slowly down the dark hallway, unsure what awaited him within it. He slowly made his was to his dear sisters room, slowly opening it to reveal a similar sight. Her room was there, comepletly intact, but the little girl was missing just as her mother was.

"Serena?" Will called out, unable to fully process his situation. "This isn't funny. Come out and go back to bed." The young boy pleaded, a tear rolling down his cheek. He heard a noise come from the closet, startling him even more.

"There's- There's a monster in my closet!"

He heard his sister's voice call out to him, startled and scared, unable to place where it was coming from. William had checked his sister's closet for monsters before, although this was the first time he expected to truly see one within. Slowly, he approched the door the closest, his breath and hands trembling. He opened the door on a swift motion, hoping to catch whatever abomination from within off guard, only to find it barren of any monsters. Within all he could see was clothes packed neatly on hangers, kept with great care. His expression didn't relax however, he felt as if he was being watched in that moment, and that as of something was beckoning him to look closer. Come closer.... He despite better judgement, shifted a few hangers to the side, instead of revealing the closets wall, a glowing red eye peered out of the darkness. The boy screamed as whatever was in the closet laughed wickedly, William not staying to find out. He ran out of Serena room, him hearing what sounds like a vicious beast rampaging behind him, destroying everything in its path he ran down the stairs as fast as he could, tripping on the last few with his body hitting the floor hard. He didn't have time to process the pain or any injury, for a shadowy figure loomed from atop the stairs. The boy got back up, opening the front door hoping to run to safety. The door opened not revealing the beautiful night sky, nor the refreshing night breeze. There was nothing, only darkness, a void of black is all that remained outside of that doorway. He turned around from the doorway terrified seeing the shadow figure slowly walk down the stairs, as if cornering it's prey. "Please... Don't hurt me..." The boy pleaded with the monstrosity. It laughed once more, "Oh, don't worry kid..." It growled ominously. "Our fun has just begun..." Suddenly the creature rushed the boy, tackling him out of the doorway into the endless void, where everything truly, went black.