4̶̛̹͕͈̤͍͗̚͠.̶̫̘̞̐̿͝ ̵̱̯͔̫̮̈̿Ó̸͓̮̙͝r̶̪̰͒̄̋i̵̥͓͋́̎͠ǵ̷̨̪͇̦͍i̷̢̬̭͙͛n̵̖͊̃̎́s̷̖̰͈̗͑

A new day arrived in the Kalos region, the occupants enjoyed a breakfast to start their day as Evan came back into the room in a hurry.

"Kids! Wonderful news! The Doctor finally responded to my messages. He shall be back here tomorrow. He said he will be more than happy to hand deliver you a Keystone Miss Serena." Evan said with a cheer as the three enjoyed their meal.

"Oh that's wonderful! It seems I'll be able to go home very soon then." Serena said with a smile.

"And then Pikachu and I will be as helpful as we can be!" "Pika!" The duo exclaimed, excited to meet the doctor that requested them.

Will didn't respond, keeping his focus on his plate, yet barely eating all the same.

"And you Will. You are heading home too right?" Evan asked the young man. Despite being eighteen, Evan still only saw him as a child.

"I. Yeah. My mom's probably worried sick about me." He laughed awkwardly.

"Oh that's right! You are from Kalos too. What city are you from?" Serena asked, making conversation.

"Oh, uh. Vaniville Town." He replied, still a little awkward.

"Really? That's where I live too. Perhaps we can head that way together then." She laughed at the coincidence.

"Yeah, maybe." He replied to her his expression hard to read.

"Will, are you alright?" Evan asked the man. He could tell something was bothering him, but unsure what it was.

"It's fine Evan." He remarked simply.

"You can talk to us Will if you want." Ash said reassuringly.

"Yeah, it's the least we can do." Serena said with a smile.

He looked at the young girl, then sighed. "I uh, just, haven't been home in a long time. Haven't been the best about keeping in touch either... I. I'm scared of what she will think. Okay? I... I'm scared to go home." He admitted, he was running out of time, what he kept hidden mattered far less to him.

"How long exactly has it been?" Ash asked Will.

Will hesitated to respond. "Six years. I... Haven't spoken to my family in six years." He admitted, looking down in shame.

"Oh. I could see why you would be so nervous about it then." Serena said with some understanding.

"William. Why haven't you said something sooner? You know I could've arranged-"

"That's not the point Evan." Will spoke, cutting him off. "I could've gone sooner. I should've gone sooner... But... How do you go to the most important people in your life and beg for forgiveness?! What should I do... If they hate me..." He said, sadness almost seeping in. "Excuse me." He said excusing himself from the table,

Serena noticed him glance her way one last time, before retreating down the hallway.

"I hope he's alright. I'm sure once he's home he'll feel a lot better right?" Ash said optimistically.

Serena looked down, thinking in the depths of her mind. She seemed completely lost in thought.

"Serena? Are you okay?" Ash asked his friend concerned.