7.̷͎̍ ̴̻̂Û̶̞ṇ̴̐b̷̪́ṙ̸̪e̵̤͝a̶̘͠k̷̩̈́ă̸͚b̷̲̊l̶̥̔ȅ̷̥ ̴̹̓B̶̳͑o̷̟͐ṋ̵̓ď̷̼s̵͍͂

"What- what are you doing here?!" Liam asked in a panic, not expecting the sight before him.

"Now, is that anyway to greet your lord?" The creature remarked to him.

Liam scoffed. "You aren't exactly earning my faith." He shot back.

The creature laughed slightly. "That is fair. Please, allow me a moment to try and change that." The creature requested.

"What? Don't tell me you went and put him up to this..." Liam growled.

"And if I did? You simply fail to see the bigger picture still." The creature remarked.

"I- have no choice William..." The doctor said, groaning in pain, his hand to his jaw. "He said, it's the only way."

"What's the only way? Stop being so cryptic and start explaining yourselves." Liam growled frustrated.

"Gladly. That child there, she will bring us salvation." It explained with a sinister tone pointing towards Serena. "She would be the key to our freedom. You remember, don't you?"

Liam hesitated. "How is she supposed to help you with anything?" He remarked.

"The only one with enough power to allow them all here, is our queen Liam. As you know, she's been gone for a very long time... However, with the right vessel..." It said cutting itself off, letting him figure out the rest.

He paused for a moment. "You want... To offer... Her life force?" He said, in shock.

"One soul for the many... Don't tell me you think that is a ridiculous idea? They crave freedom, as you once did." The creature argued.

He glanced over to the Doctor again. "So that's what you get out of this..." He mumbled, putting the pieces together.

The man slowly got up, trying to shake off the pain. "I'm sorry William, but I will do what I have to for her. I owe her that much." He explained.

"...No." He said, looking back towards the creature. "This isn't how you work... What's your angle?" Liam remarked to the creature.

"Does it matter what I gain from this? What matters is what they gain from this." The creature responded.

"You dodged the question..." Liam said defensively.

The creature laughed. "Don't tell me you care about this world, nor the girl Liam. Have you forgotten your loyalties?" It asked, threateningly.

"Answer the question." He shot back.

The creature sighed. "Fine. Yes, this world would fall to chaos with her return, but what does it matter? It will be our playground." It explained.

"And- and you are just okay with that?" He asked the Doctor.

"Anything to see her again... Anything." The man said sternly.

"Tell me Liam, why do you resist us? Do not tell me you have actually bonded with your host. You do not need him, you could just be you." The creature remarked, trying to talk sense into him.

Liam closed his eyes for a moment, thinking things through.

Liam... Please...

The man sighed. "No can do Mister high-and-mighty. I've already made a deal, I ain't looking for a better offer. I won't let you hurt her, go find another way out." He growled.

The creature laughed. "It almost sounds like you think you could stop me from doing so. Your privilege blinds you, it makes you arrogant." It remarked. "I'll give you a moment to reconsider, I have a matter to attend to upstairs. Maybe... your friend will convince you otherwise." It laughed wickedly, entering the elevator.