eight

"i like you." inui said while looking directly at koko's eyes.

"um." koko, unable to say anything.

"please go out with me." inui continued as bowed down his head.

"sure." koko was stiffened. inui heaves a deep sigh.

"you're not making it sound convincing koko." he complained as he looked up to koko and was surprised to see his reaction.

"wait, why are you blushing?"

koko blinked thrice before realizing that he's face indeed was heating up and flustered in red.

"c-cause y-you said i need to act as yuzuha. ofc every girl will blush when they receive love confession!" he lied. truth is, he's having butterflies in his stomach.

although against his will, he's helping inui practice his confession for yuzuha.

inui cupped his chin to think about what he just said. he never dated anyone before so he knew nothing about meaning behind the expressions of someone inlove.

"you think she would?"

"yeah, if it's from someone as cool as you i'm certain she'll flush in scarlet red."

inui smiled at his compliment. koko quickly looked away and cursed under his breath, don't smile at me like that dumbass.

koko just wanted to disappear rather than sitting on such complicated situation. yuzuha promised to help him with inui yesterday, and here he is, helping inui with yuzuha.

"alright, let's start again."

"are you kidding me inupi?" he don't wanna do it anymore.

•••

"where's koko?" taiju asked inui when he didn't see his elite guard and treasurer at their meeting. he need to hear the financial progress of their gang for the month.

"he's unusually late, did you two fight or somethin'?"

inui shook his head, confused why taiju drew such inference. koko left immediately after he helped him practice his confession. did he perhaps forgotten our meeting? i'm prtty sure i reminded him earlier.

"it's just that koko seems to act strange whenever you have some misunderstandings. " taiju expounded. inui found it surprising for taiju shiba to notice such things.

"regardless of his absence, he reported everything to me few days ago so i think i can present his reports to this meeting. "

"why do you think he always seeks you first before me seishu-kun?"

inui felt uncomfortable when taiju asked such irrelevant question. maybe because we're bestfriends and he trust me the most?  he wanted to reply.

"because you already have your hands full boss, he just didn't want to bother you with such minor things and i can assure you that he's working his best. i ask you to put your trust on him."

"you're right but you just got one thing mistaken, money isn't a minor thing seishu-kun." taiju reminded him before starting the meeting.