nine

"yo..." koko. inui looked up to him with emotionless expression.

"yo."

he sat quietly beside him on the bench.

"so...w-what happened?" koko hesitated to ask about inui's confession but he wanted to know.

"i got reprimanded because u didn't showed up in our meeting."

"ah haha, i had some business to do." koko went to visit akane's grave and told her about inui.

he noticed how downcast inui was, there's no way he'd feel down just because taiju reprimanded him.

"w-what about your...?" koko didn't really want to bring it up but he just had to.

"she rejected me." inui smiled bitterly. koko was shocked, how can she reject someone like inupi?!

"s-sorry, i shouldn't have ask about it."

"it's okay, she accepted me as a friend anyway." inui said, looking up to the sky, feeling conflicted.

he confessed because he think it's the way to release the burden circling on his heart and mind but he's wrong. infact he couldn't care less that he got rejected.

"stop fooling yourself that you like me inui." those were yuzuha's last words before smacking him in the head. he then realized that he didn't really harbor romantic feelings towards yuzuha.

inui smiled. koko, on the other hand, is wondering how can inui smile after getting rejected.

•••

"hey inupi, that's enough." koko stretched his arms to get the beer can away from inui's hand.

he already had 9 cans of beer. despite of inui's cool character, he didn't have high alcohol tolerance.

his cheeks were tinted with red and his emotionless eyes were filled with thirstiness for something. he was a hot mess.

if koko wasn't in his sober self, he would've done mischievous things towards his buddy. he  pulled down inui and put his head on his lap to make him sleep. inui suddenly actioned vomiting.

"oi oi inupi! don't vomit on me. hey!" koko shaked his shoulders to wake him up.

inui groaned as he slightly opened his eyes. he could hazily see koko's face, saying something to him. he just smiled and touched his face.

koko was stunned when he felt inui's warm hand caressing his face.

"koko, you shouldn't love someone while i cannot. don't make me feel...alone." inui spoked in a hoarse whisper and fell in a slumber.

koko tightly closed his eyes. akane-san, please me.