fourteen

seishu and koko interacted casually like nothing ever happened between them the other night. koko wanted to apologize but yuzuha said he must not, and besides, seishu seems fine since that night.

however, koko noticed that seishu has been busying himself everytime they are left together. he's not avoiding him, but he could feel seishu being distant.

he's like what he was when i first met him, cold and nonchalant when i'm tagging along, like i don't exist on his side.

it has been bothering koko for days but he can't talk it out with seishu, he don't know how. he seeked for advice from yuzuha and she just said that he should give seishu some space but that didn't help koko.

"hey..."

"yo koko." seishu greeted him cooly. they're waiting for their boss.

"uhm..i..." i dont know what to say! koko screamed internally. he become anxious on what to say that he began biting off his nail subconsciously.

a hand suddenly stopped him and pulled his hand down, it was seishu's. he looked at seishu who already bowed his head, together with the rest of the black dragon, to taiju.

"tonight, i'll be praying at the church and i'll go alone. y'all can go home and celebrate christmas in your homes. " taiju announced.

koko smirked, as expected taiju will go alone to the church on christmas eve, it's the night he sold out to the toman brats. i wanna see how they're gonna surprise taiju on christmas eve.

"let me accompany you boss." seishu suddenly offered. koko widened his eyes and held seishu's arm to make him face him.

koko saw nothing in seishu's eyes, his face remains impassive and it makes koko feel upset. seishu pulled away his arm from koko's grip and face taiju again.

"we don't know when will the enemy attacks, let me protect you." he continued that made koko frowned. so seishu kinda anticipated it too.

"are you underestimating me inui? those midgets, whoever they are, won't stand against me." taiju said, proud.

"of course i know that boss but--

"let us go with you, we won't disturb you or something. we'll just wait for you outside." koko foot the bill for seishu. he knew he cannot change his mind so he'll just go with him in order to protect him from the imminent attack.

"very well. both of you are my trusted guards, i'll be counting on you two."

taiju then dismissed the black dragon. koko quietly clenched his fist, he's been keeping it secret from seishu cause he doesn't want him to be involved in the upcoming conflict yet seishu offered himself.

for koko, fighting is pointless, black dragon will win either way. toman will then affiliate with the black dragons, and they will create a new delinquent era. its a fight that is already been decided before it could even start.

but he cannot just put his guard down, specially if seishu's gonna be involved. it was toman that defeated the 9th gen black dragons afterall.

•••

christmas eve has come, taiju was almost done praying when the anticipated attack was suddenly launched by mitsuya, takemitchi, chifuyu, and hakkai.

koko thought the whole toman will attack, it seems like they all had come on their own accords.

"tsk!" he spitted out blood and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. toman brats are surprisingly on par with him and seishu. he wanted to go and help seishu but he just cannot escape, let alone defeat the feeble takemitchi, he never give up even if he's already full of bruises.

mitsuya and hakkai were facing taiju, even with their combined strength, they couldn't put a scratch on him.

seishu and koko both widened their eyes in surprise when yuzuha suddenly appeared behind taiju, she was holding a knife.

they couldn't let an innocent girl stain her hands with her own brother's blood.

•••

the christmas conflict has ended with toman's victory when mikey suddenly showed up in the scene. he made taiju kiss the floor with just one of his legendary kick.

despite of their defeat, seishu and koko were glad that yuzuha was fine thanks to mitsuya. they're also glad that the younger shibas finally stood up against the eldest, taiju cannot abuse them again.

after that bloody christmas, black dragon has joined under toman.

•••