Chapter 8-Just The Right Snacks

Tubbo's POV
(TW: Swearing)

I couldn't help but feel very powerful. I was holding another man's money but it's not like he was trying to stop me. In my upbeat mood, I scanned the small aisles one by one while picking out treats and snacks in the process. So far I had two bags of family size crisps(chips), BBQ and Original, three kit kats, two coffee crisps and one pack of skittles. I have no idea what Ranboo likes so I got a wide selection.

Now I was humming to the songs ringing within the building, preparing two slushes that held every single flavour. I got mediums but sort of wished I grabbed a couple of larges instead. It's too late now. I twirled jokingly down the aisle, catching the sight of the Monster Energy drinks. Who the hell would I be if I didn't grab one for later? With that, I ripped open the fridge and collected a while Monster. I added it to the collection of goodies piled in my arms. I made my way over to the counter in a clumsy fashion, dropping my stuff in front of him. I was careful with the slushies though. I'm not an animal, jeez. The man behind the counter looked tired but was surprisingly very pleasant to talk to.
"Is that all for tonight?" He asked me kindly, giving me a quick glance after he was finished scanning my things. I enthusiastically nodded, fiddling with the card between my fingertips.
"Alrighty, ready when you are." The man said as he slid the keypad towards me. I looked at the card and noticed it was tap so without hesitation I held the card to the pad then I heard the beep of approval.
"Thank you!" I exclaimed with joy, scooping up my items. The man nodded and gave me a lovely smile as he crumbled up the receipt and threw it out into the little trash can beside him.

I pushed my small but sturdy body into the door and started making my way back to the car. Ranboo rested against the vehicle with his arms crossed. A small smile formed on his face when I was visible and I automatically smiled back, feeling comfort and peace. His smile held every way to say joy. I adored it dearly.
"I wasn't robbed, yay." The tall man commented, standing himself up as I came closer. Soon I was right in front of him, holding out a slushie.
"I will pay you back, I promise." I giggled, letting go as he took it with a small nod of appreciation.
"Oh don't worry about it. Now I can get gas." Ranboo replied in his calm tone that I know and love. I rolled my eyes then handed him the card. He took it then turned to the machine, muttering a small 'thank you'.
"I shall wait in the car!" I told him, reaching over for a brief minute to pat his shoulder before I waltzed to the other side of the gorgeous purple car and yanked the door open. With my snacks, I dropped into my seat, struggling to close the door with full arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take Ranboo long and before we knew it, the car was moving and the gas station was fading behind us. I twisted in my seat, reaching for the backseat and snatching the BBQ crisps. I ripped it open in a matter of seconds. Ranboo's head turned to me and the bag. There was a light in his eyes that I admired greatly.
"Dude, those are my favourite chips." He gushed with enthusiasm. I immediately held it out so he could grab some. Who would have known that out of the many other chips, I pick the ones he likes. Thats some crazy shit right there.
"I can't help but agree, they are delicious!" I replied, matching his tone as I took a handful and stuffed my face. Then it sunk in that I did not have dinner, huh.
"Oh totally." His voice rang, pulling me from my head. "Anyways, I want to take you to my favourite spot in town. It is so gorgeous." Ranboo continued, taking a sip of his slushy in between sentences. The lights caught his beautiful eyes and I don't think I could be falling any harder.
"Well as long as you're there, anything can be beautiful.." I mumbled, expecting him not to catch it but of course he did. Turning his head at me with a fluttering smile.
"Thank you." He mumbled in return. I cocked my head to look at him. Fuck, he heard me. I hunched my back sheepishly.
"You are...welcome." I responded, trying to come off confident. Except I sounded more like a mouse..
I listened as he exhaled deeply through the darkness. Despite it being pitch black, I watched a lovely grin peer through the taller man's teeth as if it were brighter than daylight itself.
"So how far is this place?" I catechized, breaking the awkward quietness. His expression took a long few seconds to react but eventually he flashed a glance in my direction.
"Not far. Probably 2 more minutes." Ranboo answered quickly. I nodded my head understandingly, leaving the conversation there while I sat back and took in the beautiful city lights from afar. I would be crazy to say this was definitely not the type of attention I've been craving for..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yuussssss the ship is sailing, exactly what we want yuh? I've got so many plans for this fanfic so likeeeeeee lemmie know what you thinkkk!!! ♥️

Have a good night/day!!!<3

-San :)