Chapter 9-City Lights

Ranboo's POV
(TW: Swearing, Fluff)

As we drove, Tubbo would point out things that fascinated him. Sometimes it was people, tall buildings, trees or lights that were hung in a very particular way. I couldn't help but become interested as well every time he tugged on my sleeve to slow down and take it in with him. I found beauty in things I normally would pass by. Eventually, I turned onto a dirt road that was slowly crawling up and up the side of the mountain. Tubbo didn't seem to notice until now.
"I feel like we're getting higher. Where are we going?" His charming voice questioned, narrowing his eyes at me through the pitch black of the vehicle.
"That's because we're going uphill. You gotta trust me on this, you'll love it." I returned in a reassuring manner. I could tell his trust in me was low. But high enough. This is our first time being alone together since we met. It's a big step. I think so at least. I can't say I don't have an image on how I wish this night would go...
The main part of my vision hasn't been crossed off so I still have a dim light of hope within the fears. I was jerked from my thoughts to the sound of Tubbo's whispering tone speaking.
"Holy shit..look at that view." He said in pure admiration. I slowed the car for him, pressing down on the break and looking out his window. The lights of buildings and street lights mimicked the stars while the places with no light interpreted the infinite void that surrounded the twinkle of space. I hadn't realized that I was leaning in so close to him until he turned his head, his face being only inches away from my own as I was pretty much towered over him. I could hear him inhaling and exhaling kind of fast as we both went dead silent...to some degree
My hand clutched around the wheel with a suffocating grasp when I felt butterflies stir awake, causing me to uncontrollably spit out words without thinking.
"It-It gets a lot better the further we go up.." I mumbled quietly, reluctantly retracting back into my seat. The short boy simply nodded understandingly then he looked down at his hands that were fidgeting within his lap. I watched as a sweet, small smile crossed his face. The rest of the driving was quiet and full of tension. I couldn't ignore it if I tried but every time I glimpsed at the shorter one, he still had a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

I came to a stop after pulling over around 10 feet from the cliff side. Tubbo hadn't said anything, making me glance over at him. He just had his head down, playing with the hem of his hoodie. I snuck my index finger softly under his chin and lifted his head to look over at the sight of city lights and classic traffic charm. His expression brighted immediately and quicker than ever he unbuckled and sat up, staring at the view.
"Ranboo this is amazing." Tubbo cried with joy, his hands pressed into the glass of the tinted window. I slid my hand along the buttons along my door, rolling down his window. I sat back and watched him with an unerasable grin. Half of his body was pretty much outside of the window, the breeze gently brushing his bangs.
"Fuck, its cold outside." He shivered angrily, pulling himself back into the car and sitting back in his seat. I chuckled softly, meeting his eyes that were staring at me intently. I rested my head back on the window and just returned his gaze quietly.
"I'm glad you like it." I spoke meekly, feeling my organs twist as I admired the love within his eyes. They were something I could never get tired of looking at. I could die happy right now. Tubbo exhaled deeply, turning his upper body towards me. We were very close, dangerously close. The only thing flashing in my head was the vision and expectations.
"You have no idea how pretty your eyes are, do you?" Tubbo questioned out of the blue. I blinked into focus, feeling my breath hitch and my face redden.
"I-I..I've always just been told they're weird." I choked up, pressing my palm into the rim of the steering wheel as a way to only scream internally. Tubbo inched closer and closer, frowning at my comment.
"They are not weird. They're just different, in a good way." He told me calmly. I felt a warm wave of confidence wash me down like a cleanse. The edge of my seat weighed down slightly then I noticed his hand pressing down into the cushion. He got closer by the second.
"I-..thank you?" I laughed awkwardly, not used to that sort of compliment. I was now looking somewhat down at him, his handsome face only a few inches apart from mine. I knew right off the bat that he was sure as hell not looking at my eyes anymore.

>>>>>>>>>>>

TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT BUT I LOVE THIS CHAPTER. aLso,
so PROUD of Ranboo for COMING OUT!!🏳️‍🌈♥️
ANNNNNDDDDD
HEARTSTOPPER IS SO SO SO GOOD OMG🏳️‍🌈😫♥️

Have a good night/day!!<3

-San :)