Photoshoot (Pt. 2)*OLD

"Y/N?! Y/N?! Please come out!" Tom called out through the dark, empty woods. 'Round ever corner was a bush and tall, thin trees. It was impossible to find Y/N in a vast, obscure area like this. Tails was hovering from above, trying to see if Y/N was hiding in the trees, Sonic was zooming from one area to the next, calling out their name, Knuckles was accompanying Maddie, calling out their name too with Tom just a few feet ahead of them. She felt so guilty, had she just listened to Y/N maybe none of this would've happened, them looking through the woods for Y/N, maybe having to call a search party if they couldn't find them, all negative thoughts were racing through Maddie's head.

If Y/N went missing or worse, she could never live with the huge burden on her head. Sonic ran up next to Maddie which caught her by suprise, "Hey mom, why was N/N having second thoughts about the photoshoot?" Sonic asked. Tails heard from above and halted and so did Knuckles, interested in what she was to say. Maddie sighed, she paused her search for Y/N, "You know that Y/N didn't live in a steady household, but their only dream was getting a photo with their whole family. Their mom, their dad, and their older brother and sister" Maddie took a deep shaky breath. "Oh yeah! Y/S/N* and Y/B/N* Don't they go to college in Texas now?" (Y/B/N=Your Brother's Name. Y/S/N= Your Sister's Name) Tails asked Maddie, "Yes they do" She said. "But since Y/N and their siblings were forced apart, they wouldn't allow a professional photoshoot until they could at least take pictures with their older siblings" Maddie paused and glanced at the boys who all had looks of sadness, guilt, concern and a lot of gloomy emotions mixed into one.

She sighed, "And now the past came back to haunt them, they told me that they weren't ready for a family photoshoot just yet. I ignored them and just went on my day, letting their words go in one ear and out the other. And now because of me, they're in the woods all by themselves, probably lost and scared beyond their mind. I'm a horrible mother" Maddie sobbed, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles hugged her. "Don't be so hard on yourself mom. Even though half of this is your fault..." Sonic paused and looked at Tom behind Maddie who was giving him the don't do it look. "Y/N will be back with us soon, right guys?" Sonic looked at Tails and Knuckles with a smirk. "Right!" Tails and Knuckles said in unison, "Alrighty then, let's keep looking for them!" Sonic exclaimed, "Woo-hoo!" Tails whooped. He took flight again and continued hovering in the air while everyone else continued calling out their name.

•••

Y/N was hiding behind thick bushes, quietly sobbing, they sniffled every now and then but the tears wouldn't stop coming. They looked at their phone and saw the pleading messages from the siblings groupchat.

Blue Justice: Y/N, please don't hide :<

Smartsy Fox: Yeah, mom and dad is worried beyond their mind

DISHONORABLE!!: We have been searching for over 20 minutes in hopes of finding you

Y/N sniffled, they were compelled to tell them to go away but decided against it. They opened up their photos app, swiping through each photo trying to find a photo of their older brother and sister but landed on a picture of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles having fun at a carnival. Y/N vividly remembered that day, Maddie and Tom decided to take a trip to California and planned a day at Six Flags. Sonic enjoyed the food (not a surprise there) and the merchandise but hated the rollercoaster. Tails enjoyed everything that wasn't classified as a near-death experience which was a lot of things (even the food?).

Knuckles enjoyed everything, and by everything they meant everything, even the employees who treated him with such friendliness. He enjoyed the rollercoasters and was probably better at holding his lunch in then anyone else. Y/N remembered Tails being so happy that he won a prize from Knuckles at toss the ring (he broke all the glass bottles) so they took a photo of Knuckles, Sonic and Tails posing with the huge teddy bear. Y/N managed to smile through their tears and chuckled, they averted their attention when they heard people calling out their name.

They stood up from their small huddle and looked in the direction of the cries, they saw their family looking for them. Y/N smiled and walked in their direction, Sonic was the first to spot them and ran full speed at them. "N/N!" He exclaimed, he leaped up and wrapped his arms around Y/N's neck. The force of his speed knocked Y/N back but they managed to keep their balance, Y/N tightly embraced Sonic, "I missed you too little bro" They whispered, "Y/N!" Tails exclaimed, he flew over to them, landed on the ground and hugged their legs since Tails is still short. Knuckles ran over and hugged Y/N from their side. Y/N whimpered, they felt tears coming up again.

"Damnit, I hate how tender moments make me cry" Y/N sniffled, they looked up and saw Maddie and Tom approaching. Their heartwarmed smile faded to a frown, they looked down at their feet as the boys pulled away from the hug. "I-I'm sorry mom. I shouldn't have snapped like that. I-I guess I'm just not ready to move on from my old family yet" They admitted guiltily, they looked up at Maddie and Tom who both had looks of forgiveness on them, "You're fine Y/N, let's just go home" Maddie placed their hand behind Y/N's back. "Actually, I think I want to do the photoshoot" They grimaced. Maddie's face remained neutral before the sighed with relief, "Oh thank god, if we canceled I'd have to pay extra" Maddie chuckled.

They all walked back to the grassy field, Tails riding on Y/N's shoulders, the photographer was packing his equipment up in his van. "Oh, you found them?" The photographer asked, "Yeah, and we're wondering if you can still take the photos?" Y/N fiddled with their fingers, "Ugh, you're lucky my grandma canceled dinner plans" The photographer grumbled, he scoffed and instructed his assistant to take out the equipment again. "Let's make this quick while the sun is still up, chop-chop" He clapped his hands twice at his assistant, "Also you need to get that grass off your outfit, now" The photographer snapped their fingers in Y/N's face.

He eyed them up and down and just smirked, "Don't be so hard on yourself, relax, you're tense. I should know, my dad is a chiropractor" The photographer giggled, he helped his assistant set up the equipment again. "Okay, let's get this over with. Places, people, places" He waved off his assistant to set them up for each photo. "Okay darlings, look into the camera" He snapped his fingers for the family to avert their attention towards it, he prolong groaned, tilting the camera a bit down. He readied his finger on the button "Aaand, perfect. Now smile"

•••

Maddie hung up the photo right above the TV, she tilted her head to the side, trying to eye it from a different angle. She chuckled, "You were right, we should've made the boys wear pants" she sighed. Tom wrapped his arm around her shoulder and just silently chuckled too, "Let's go back to bed. I can't believe we decided to hang this in the middle of the night" Maddie yawned.
____________________________________
1282 words^^

Cliffhanger no more >:]

Also THANK YOU GEEZ LOUIS FOR ALL THE READS AND VOTES, OVER 400 IN JUST 3 DAYS, I FRICKING LOVE YOU PPL (no homo ;])

Imma try and start diverting the attention away from Y/N and to the others more, but no promises :/

(Scenario by: Me)
(Proofread by: Me)