Chapter 1: Operation Blackout

Author's Note: Hello readers, just as a warning this is my first time ever writing a story so I hope you enjoy it and I would love some feedback. The following chapter will mostly be for setting the scene and explaining your character's past. Also a lot of the content are just things I made up and not everything will follow the story line of "Pacific Rim: The Black" exactly.

Born in Adelaide city, you lived your life in awe of the Jaegers. Your parents, who piloted the Mark IV Jaeger "Echo Raider", were two of the greatest pilots to have ever lived. You one day dreamed of piloting your own Jaeger, and that dream came true. At the age of fourteen, you started your Jaeger training, along side your best friend Sam Atkinson, and only a year later, began piloting the Mark V Jaeger simply known as the "Predator". Although you never fought a Kaiju and were stationed only for patrols, you were a pretty good pilot. However, your first patrol would be one you will never forget. One day, while on patrol, your city was attacked by a Catagory IV Kaiju known as Mutavore. It was unexpected and no other Jaegers were on deck, it was just you, Sam and Mutavore. You were both stunned with fear and had no idea what to do, all you could do was stand there, terrified.

Sam: What do we do?

His voice was trembling.

Y/N: I... I don't know.

At that point, Mutavore had almost destroyed a quarter of Adelaide when you received a transmission from your Marshal.

Marshal: Predator, this is Marshal Jonathan Hayes, we are preparing backup, keep the Kaiju busy for as long as you can.

Y/N: Y-yes sir.

With your orders assigned, you prepared your wrist mounted "Apex Missiles", aimed at the Mutavore and fired, striking it just above the neck. The collosal monster was clearly angered by the hit and began sprinting toward you, knocking down buildings along its path.

Sam: MIRA, prepare the "Vice Claw".

MIRA: Preparing "Vice Claw".

MIRA or the Main Intelligence Remote Assistant was the A.I. for the Predator. She controlled most of the Predators features and could even perform minor tasks without pilots. The upper part of your duel-edged "Photon Axe" began to widen as Mutavore drew nearer. Before it could hit you with its enormous crescent skull, you swiftly thrust the front part of your axe onto the Mutavore's neck and the vice closed keeping it trapped in place.

MIRA: Incoming category III Kaiju from behind.

Unfortunately, the warning was too late, an large Kaiju Eel burst from the ground, which it used as cover from your trackers, and bit your right arm with its enormous jaws. You and Sam let out a shout of pain and your Jaeger's arm was pulled from the axe. Due to the loosened grip, the Mutavore broke from the vice and landed a blow to the chest. You stumble backward but manage to swing the persistant Kaiju Eel into the Mutavore, knocking it over and getting rid of the Eel.

Y/N: Marshal...

Marshal: I see it, backup is on its way, hold on for a little longer.

A little longer seemed like forever the way this fight was going. After recovering from the blow, the Mutavore and the Kaiju Eel were back on their feet and charging at you at full speed. In response you gave a big swing with your axe, successfully wouding the Mutavore but missing the Kaiju Eel which tackled you to the ground, knocking your axe away. You and Sam struggled to keep its jaw from closing on the Predator's head when an explosion hit the Kaiju off you as it let out a screech. Running toward the Kaiju were Jaegers Echo Raider and Boras Mangler, weapons at the ready.

Y/N: Mom! Dad!

Mom: Don't worry hun, we've got your back.

The Echo Raider came running for the Mutavore, which roared loudly, and performed a series of spinning slashes with its Plasma Swords causing it to bleed its bioluminescent blood. Boras Mangler dove for the Kaiju Eel, tackled it to the ground and began punching it while in a choke hold. Figuring the Mangler could handle a catogory III on its own, you picked up your axe and ran for the Mutavore and hit it with a wide, upward slash. Much to your surprise, it recovered faster than you expected and knocked you back again, but that gave the Raider the opening it needed to climb on its back and dig its Plasma Swords right through its throat. The Mutavore fell to the ground and layed there as its glowing blood created a pool underneath it.

Dad: Well done young cadets, you managed to take on two Kaiju on your first day all by yourselves, I'm very impressed.

Sam: Thank you sir!

Y/N: Thank you!

The Mangler joined the Raider with a lifeless Kaiju Eel and threw it on the Mutavore, turned to you and gave you a big thumbs up. You were both particualrly proud to have gotten praise from your higher ups and were ready to celebrate. But that moment didn't last very long.

MIRA: Incoming Category VI Kaiju!

Y/N: What!?

By that time it was too late. An enormous fist came crashing through the nearby allyway and crushed the conn pod of the Mangler. A beast the size of a skyscraper emerged from the buildings on your left and let out a booming roar. Before you could even ready your weapon, the Kaiju grabbed the Raider and began to crush it. You managed to let an Apex Missile fly, but it didn't even scratch its thick hide. In response to your futile attack, the Category VI swung a claw, striking your conn pod. The last thing you remember before blacking out, is your parent's Jaeger fall limp to the ground and watching chunks of metal pierce your best friend Sam and the screams of agony from the Drift, before going silent.