Chapter 8: Bunyip-Man

The four of you run toward the cliffside where the odd man is still waving the torch at you. You and Mei turn the Predator so its back faces cliff and power it down. Before you can exit through the conn pod hatch, Mei grabs your arm and pulls you away for a second.

Y/N: What's wrong.

Mei: When did you meet those people you thought of earlier.

Y/N: What? Which people?

Mei: When I mentioned the Sisters of the Kaiju you thought of three cloaked figures. When did that happen.

Y/N: I think it was when we were looking for Boy in Clayton. Why does that matter?

Mei: Listen, if those people are a part of the Sisters, you are in a lot of trouble.

Y/N: They can't be that tough, I can handle it.

Mei: No you can't!

She is now holding both your arms firmly and making direct eye contact with you.

Mei: I've those people slaughter thousands of people. They are not a force to reckon with.

You can see the fear in her eyes. She lets go.

Mei: ...Sorry. We should probably get going.

She then walks past you without another word to join Taylor and Hayley. You take a moment to think on what Mei had said and then you follow after her. Outside you can see the man still waving the torch at you.

???: I'm more than a bit pissy you put down one of my Acidquills back there. Though you could claim it was self defence I don't care.

Looking at him you can see several scars on his face and arms, unkept hair and you also notice that his left forearm is completely missing.

???: Why in hell's sphincter would you bring TWO Jaegers into a valley filled with Kaiju, stiring up that negative energy and all.

Hayley: Because, we need your help.

The man turns toward Boy and notices the massive bite on his chest.

???: Follow me. Don't dawdle.

You follow the crazy man up to a small steel cabin, Mei continuing to walk slightly in front of you. All of a sudden, you hear a loud roar as a massive Trespasser emerges from the cliffside ahead. You and Mei each pull out one of your energy pistols ready to fire. The odd man turns around to face the both of you and then looks at Mei.

???: Have we met before?

Mei: Bogan.

???: Ah right, Shane's daughter? Hired gun? Good shot, bad temper? Yeah, a BB gun might work on the small ones, but for Lucy, that'll just add a bit of spice when she swallows you whole.
He walks up to Mei and puts down her pistol, and then looks over to you.

???: For your sake, I think it best you keep the gun down.

You look over at Taylor who shrugs and then over at Mei who doesn't seem comfortable keeping her pistol away, but you put yours down as well. The weird guy then walks up to "Lucy".

???: Now, now Lucy, nothing to be anxious about here, go tend to your pups.

Lucy lets out a loud roar.

???: Hey, hey now, this is my space, you go to yours. Now, now, get.

Lucy then turns around and walks away. You can just stand there dumbfounded that this guy just told a Kaiju what to do.

???: *sigh* Like a daughter to me that one. I found her orphaned in her clutch. By just the kind of Jaeger devil you rode in on. Oh, did I mention she was hand fed, literally.