Chapter 12: Homecoming

They were all in shock, eyes wide as you stood before them, Kaiju on either side.

Taylor: Y/N, we thought you were gone. How did you escape the Sisters?

All of a sudden, a screen was displayed in the conn pod. It was from the Predator and depicted you, your veins pulsing with bioluminescent Kaiju blood, and your eyes a bright red. You had no co-pilot, it was only you.

Y/N: Escape? I never escaped. In fact, the Sisters took me in. I am one of them now.

Mei is immediately shocked with fear.

Hayley: Y/N, whatever they told you, they're lying.

Y/N: Ha! Of course you would say that. You haven't seen what I've seen. The Sisters enlightened me. I know the fate of this world. Its destiny.

Taylor: Y/N, this isn't you.

Y/N: Quiet! I've heard enough. If you will not join the Sisterhood, I will give you a choice. Hand over the Messiah, or die.

Mei was speechless, devastated. She had never seen the Sisters do something like this before, and it was horrible.

Hayley: Never.

Boy lets out a loud roar.

Y/N: ...Then you will die.

You slowly lift up your axe, pointing the very tip of it toward Atlas. The Kaiju that had been at your side let out a loud roar and charge toward the Jaeger. The first tries to jump on top of it, but Boy tackles it out of the air before it could make contact. The second however, manages to get through and starts throwing punches at the Jaeger, all while you sit and watch.

Hayley: What's wrong with them.

Taylor: They've been brain washed.

Hayley: We have to help them.

The Kaiju that they had been brawling with manages to find an opening, headbutting them in the abdomen. They stumble backwards and before they can recover, the Kaiju leaps at them again and continues to slash. Meanwhile, Boy was jumping away from the other Kaiju while it continued to try and land a hit. Boy jumps on the Kaiju's back and starts clawing at its back side. It screeches in pain, but is able to throw him off. Boy swiftly recovers and runs back toward the beast. He drives it toward one of the mountain sides where a large stalagmite stands out of the ground. When the Kaiju tries to swipe at Boy, he jumps over and grabs it by the head, pulling it backward and piercing its chest with the stalagmite. Back with Atlas, the Kaiju was evading each of their swings all while it was damaging their mech. They finally connect, sending the Kaiju flying backwards.

Hayley: LOA, Saber Chain.

They launch the chain toward the Kaiju and it hits it in the shoulder. It lets out a roar as Atlas pulls it closer, using the momentum to deliver and devasting punch. It stops for a bit, dazed by the hit while Taylor and Hayley stare it down. It screeches and takes a step to attack, when Boy jumps onto it, pulling it to the ground and starts punching it in the face. After a few, the Kaiju stops moving. Before they can celebrate, a volley of rockets hits Boy in the side.

Hayley: Boy!

The origins of the rockets were from the Predator, who was now menacingly stomping toward Atlas.

Y/N: You asked for this!

You spin your Photon Axe around and hit the side of Atlas who tries to block, but is overwhelmed by the power behind the strike. They stagger to the side as you swing at them, barely missing. They throw a punch and it hits you right in the face, but you stand unmoving, the Kaiju blood making you one of the most enduring Jaeger pilots to ever live. You turn back toward them and deal a blow of your own to the head. This one sends them falling backwards and Atlas hits the ground.