Chapter 4: The Girl from Bogan

You had already been walking for a while when you finally reached Clayton city. Like Adelaide, it was in ruins, only parts of buildings remained with broken windows and the steel supports showing through the concrete. All of a sudden, Atlas stopped in the middle of the city, when the Jaeger's distress signal stopped.

Hayley: What happened to the signal.

LOA: It is on a timer and will recycle after sixty minutes.

Hayley: An hour!

There was a short silence as you looked out the window of the conn pod, but you noticed something on one of the buildings. Then a bullet hit the left side of the conn pod.

LOA: Shots fired!

Taylor: Where?

LOA: East, four degrees.

Hayley and Taylor turned Atlas to the left to see who had fired. When the Jaeger's camera zoomed in, you saw what looked to be a girl with shortly cut lavender hair with light, white armor. She pointed at something on the building and written in big, bold letters were the words "GO AWAY" in red paint.

Taylor: Mei?

Atlas walked toward the building where Mei, you assumed, was standing and exited the Jaeger.

Taylor: Really, shooting us.

Mei: May I direct your attention to this subtle message.

Hayley: Why did you come here.

Mei: I'm travelling on foot, Clayton was the closest city, you figure it out.

She then glanced over Taylors shoulder at you. You noticed she had deep green eyes as well as a scar on her left cheek.

Mei: I see you've made a new friend.

Taylor: Right, this is Y/N, he's a Jaeger pilot. Wait, did you think we were tracking you?

Mei gave you a curious look before replying.

Mei: Well this isn't really on the way to Sydney.

Taylor: We picked a Jaeger distress from inside the city.

Hayley: Did you see it?

Mei: Maybe, but if you want to look around, your walking. I don't need that hunk of junk drawing any Kaiju here.

Mei then turned toward a steel door next to the painted sign.

Mei: I'll show you out.

She then opened the door and walked inside.

Y/N: What's her deal?

Taylor: We met her in a place called Bogan, she was told a lot of lies there. We helped her escape, but she still doesn't really trust anyone.

Hayley: She's been through a lot, it's not her fault.

Hayley, Taylor and Boy then followed Mei through the steel door. You could only think about Mei and the things that may have happened to her, the things that may have happened to everyone here. After a short pause, you followed Hayley and Taylor down a set of stairs and into this small café type room which despite the state of the city, still had electricity.

Hayley: Wow, the lights still work here?

Mei: The power grid never shut down around here. So, unless you need anything else, there's the door.

Taylor began walking toward the door when Hayley paused in front of you.

Hayley: I know you aren't as strong as you want people think, after what happened to you. Why be alone in an empty city?