Chapter 7: Never-Never Valley

Y/N: Well, here she is.

In Atlas, the four of you begin to approach your fallen Jaeger, the Predator.

Mei: Really, this piece of junk.

Y/N: She's a lot more reliable than you think.

You all get out of Atlas and walk toward your Jaeger. You all climb to conn pod and see it in the same state as you had left.

Taylor: Do you think it'll still run.

Y/N: Certainly.

You open a couple of panels and start reconnecting wires. A lot of the circuitry had shorted out and a few wires had come apart but it's not a propblem for you. After finishing up on one of the floor, you close it up and turn to one of the switches on the ground.

Y/N: Well, her goes nothing.

You press the switch and a few lights flash before everything comes online.

Y/N: Hah! Told you it would work.

MIRA: Greetings Y/N.

Y/N: Good to see you again MIRA. Everyone this is the Predators A.I.. MIRA this Taylor, Hayley, Mei and that's Boy.

Taylor: Nice to meet you.

MIRA: I detect that the vital signs of the one you call Boy are dropping.

The conn pod suddenly goes silent, everyone now frowning.

Taylor: We should probably get going.

Y/N: Right. So who's going with who.

Mei: Well concidering Taylor and Hayley are siblings, their connection the drift would be stronger. So I guess that leaves you and me.

You can't help but feel a little nervous about that.

Taylor: Okay, let's go.

You watch as Taylor and Hayley leave the Predator's conn pod and begin walking toward Atlas, carrying Boy along with them. You and Mei start getting ready to begin the neural handshake when you realise what is about to happen. By entering the drift, Mei will be able to see all your memories, including what happened at that labratory you woke up in.

Y/N: Mei... I want you to know, there are things in my head that are... different and possibly concerning. Just be prepared for what you might see.

Mei gives you a suspicious look before turning ahead.

Mei: Believe me, I've probably been through worse.

MIRA: Initiating neural handshake.

You feel your mind connect Mei's and open your thoughts to her. What you see terrifies you. You see a younger Mei, in a dark room, just as a scared little girl. You then see a man behind her, from what you gather, that man is Shane.

Shane: It's kill or be killed.

You see him hand Mei an energy pistol and see her be molded into a war machine over the years and that innocent girl you saw before, is gone.

Shane: Now, you're mine.

You witness the events at Bogan, how Taylor and Hayley destroyed the encampment and help Mei escape. You hear her friend, Joel, tell her what Shane did to her, how he messed with her mind and took away her real memories. In more recent memories, you see that same friend die right in front of her.

You both eventually come to your senses and each look at eachother, with similarly horrified expressions, Mei's having a little more concern.

Y/N: Mei, I...