Chapter 2: Project Alpha

???: Hey, they're waking up.

Your eyes slowly began to open and found yourself in a dark room, illuminated only by pale green lights lining the ceiling. You were lying on some sort of bed, staring straight up at the ceiling and a few people wearing medical masks and lab coats were standing around you, looking down.

Y/N: W-Where am I?

???: Don't worry, you're safe here.

Your head was throbbing and you tried to sit up. The room was filled with medical beds and counters piled with medical tools. You had bandages wrapped around your arm and abdomen, but you couldn't remember anything.

Y/N: What happened, and who are you?

???: My name is Doctor Jason Mawrow, you were injured during a Kaiju attack, you've been asleep ever since.

Y/N: How long?

Jason: About five years.

Y/N: What!?

You finally remembered everything that had happened, the Kaijus, your parents, Sam, everything. You looked down at yourself and noticed you were taller than you remembered, you grew at least six inches, and you felt your hair which had grown down to your elbows.

Jason: We were able to treat your injuries and nurse you back to health. You are still recovering though so take it easy. There is a bathroom just down the hall if you would like to clean up.

Y/N: Okay.

You were still trying to process everything that had happened and trying to understand how you had slept for five years. In the bathroom, you found a pair of scissors and a comb along with other toiletry. You cut your hair short and combed before heading to the shower to wash yourself. All throughout, you couldn't get over this feeling that something wasn't right. On your way to the bathroom, there were no windows and from what you've heard, recoveries from Jaeger incidents took only a few months, never five years. You couldn't explain how you new, but you felt something was up. After you finished washing up you stepped outside and a man in a lab coat was waiting.

Man: We have a room prepared for you, if you would follow me.

The man led you down a few hallways before stopping in front of a metal door.

Man: You can stay in this room until you have fully recovered.

Y/N: Thank you.

The room had a simple bed, a night stand, a desk with a single drawer and a small wardrobe with changes of clothes and footwear. Once the lab coat man closed the door, you took off the dirty clothes that you had on and changed into one of the black shirts, cammo cargo pants and some brown leather boots from the wardrobe. There was also a black jacket hanging there which you put on as well. You found this all so weird, how did they know you were going to wake up at that exact moment? Why weren't there any windows? Who are these supposed doctors? You didn't want to wait for answers. There was a clock on the night stand indicating that it was six o'clock at night, you planned to wait until late at night and sneak around to see what their deal really was.

Six Hours Later

It was just around twelve when you woke up from a small rest. You couldn't hear any chatter or footsteps outside so you figured now was as good a time as ever to begin your search. Just as you thought, when you opened the doors, there was nobody anywhere. You started down the hall to the right and checked each of the rooms. Nothing really caught your attention, just some beds, counters and hung up lab coats, until you stubbled upon this one room. The door was slightly ajar and you could see rows of blinking lights which seemed to be connected to electronics of some sort. You carefully opened the door, stepped inside and shut it quietly. After finding a light switch, you confirmed your suspisions and were presented with several shelves filled with thin electronic files and what you recognized as a file reader at the end of the room. A single file was sitting on the desk near the file reader and what it was titled made you jolt with concern.